Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Hey guys
    By Pixelpusher in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-06-2019, 06:44 PM
  2. What do you guys think about that?
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-09-2018, 11:30 AM
  3. Hi Guys!!
    By kiprogers in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-12-2015, 07:51 PM
  4. Hi Guys
    By tanx in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-05-2014, 12:37 AM
  5. Hi Guys
    By Angloman in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ditto the above on kit ... all our equipment is held in my Ltd co, and it is then rented to my wife's company which does the actual making and selling using said kit.

(I see this as similar to all our files are kept on NAS drives, and nothing is kept on the actual computers themselves.)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

pw66 (19-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    I wish the gov grant for small businesses was a sliding scale as our premises are rated at £14K, so we only get the £10K grant, rather than the £25K we would have got if it was rated at £15K
    I have rateable value of about 30k and it appears I get zero help yet 80% of my business is gone as it stands. The lower level was extended to all biz but believe the higher level is retail/leisure only. Who do they think supplies retail etc as all of that has been ignored.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had an industrial unit where the rate relief was 100% so would qualify for the £10,000 grant but gave up with the unit when the one next door was let to a new startup with a wealthy backer. (They failed soon after).

We have since worked at customers premises and from home, subbing jobs such as printed flyers etc. to the trade suppliers.

Our two largest customers now are both events organisers so everything is basically gone.

It seems like as we now work without rateable business premises we are overlooked for help even though we have a bona fide VAT registered Limited company.

Any thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is as PW66 rightly said earlier in the post, don't over extend yourself financially as insolvency and resurrection will be a very realistic option for many. Many will be forced out of business of no fault of their own. The Government will help in a window dressing manner. It is largely about what the public see and the businesses not visible of which are the majority are left to fend for themselves. Totally understand the need to save extra lives but the fallout will actually be a greater fight still.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My business has ground to a halt as well as my main work was hen and stag tshirts.

I feel extremely lucky though as I became eligible for my state pension at beginning of the month and although I was intending to keep working I've closed down now because there's nothing coming in and I can only see it getting worse over the next few months.

As more people become ill, manufacturing will suffer, deliveries will suffer, people will be on short hours or lose their jobs as businesses fail and have money only for necessities that's if you can get anything as the greedy gits have cleared out the groceries in the shops lol

Our schools are closed from tomorrow. Not sure why as all it means is the parents will take their children when they go shopping so more likely to spread the virus around although admittedly there are only a few cases in Fife but not sure if any from my town.

A workmate of a friend of mine thinks he has the virus but can't afford to take time of work as he has a family and I think a lot of people will be the same, continue to go to work and infect many others. It's sheer selfishness but understandable in a way as what good is £98 sickness pay a week going to do when people have mortgage/rent, utility bills and all other expenses to pay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wouldn’t be able to work if you get the full effect of the virus as it is supposed to be completely disabling but some people only seem to have mild symptoms, so maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all seem to be in the same boat, no matter where we are. There is a shut down ordered for restaurants, cafes etc , basically non essentials businesses that work with the public. But people are still opening and customers are sitting outside them. I think this weekend it will get tougher as people are just not listening. A few towns are enforcing the ban as from today and giving heavy fines if they open.
    Spain has a total shut down and the police are forcefully enforcing it. The idea is "Stay at Home". Dont infect others and the virus will eventually run out of people to infect. By opening restaurants etc we are enabling the virus to keep going and prolonging our chances of insolvency.
    Germany has closed all its land borders and placing anybody who is not a registered German into quarantine for two weeks. Makes abit of a mockery of the Brexit campaign about sovereignty and borders. Yes we all have our borders and can control them. ( Sorry, a small political rant).
    We will get through this. We have not other choice.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

pw66 (27-03-2020), socialgiraffe (20-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Still can't get bread and other essentials around here so we're going to make our own before flour and yeast stocks dry up or become too overpriced. The Powers-That-Be could have stopped a lot of this by introducing wartime rationing on essential items at the beginning of the outbreak.

I also fancy making some of the good old stuff we used to eat as kids (not long after the War years ~ 1950's) such as Stotty Cake, rock buns, drop scones, coconut haystacks etc ........ YUM! Going to get my young granddaughters involved in this and other life skills while they are away from school.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Ricky@Xpres (23-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Germany has closed all its land borders and placing anybody who is not a registered German into quarantine for two weeks. Makes abit of a mockery of the Brexit campaign about sovereignty and borders. Yes we all have our borders and can control them. ( Sorry, a small political rant).
    We will get through this. We have not other choice.
    It was the EU's open border policy which helped spread the virus throughout Europe. Their refusal to close the borders immediately and not disrupt their precious Schengen zone has caused thousands of deaths and created an economic disaster.

The Chinese Communist Party covered this virus up for several weeks and silenced the whistle blowers. The World Health Organisation took weeks to enter China, encouraged everyone to still travel and trade with China. Then instead of condemning China for their early actions, they publicly praised the Chinese Communist Party as heroes. You might want to look up the current director general of WHO. He was part of the Marxist dictatorship which led the violent civil war causing the 'biblical' Ethiopian famine in the early 80's. The billions of internation aid raised by Geldof for the famine was used to buy arms. He covered up numerous cholera outbreaks in his country whilst trying to lobby for the top job in WHO. Communists eh? ( Sorry, a small political rant).
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 20-03-2020 at 01:31 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (20-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Germany is now advising people in the Corona-crisis to stock up on cheese and sausages. This is called the Wurst Käse scenario.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (22-03-2020), John G (27-03-2020)