Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-06-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. Where do you hope to be in 1 year/ 5 years?
    By Andrew in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 19-05-2012, 12:39 PM
  3. last problem .... i hope
    By Lornem in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-08-2011, 11:29 AM
  4. Riots Hope
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 11:19 PM
  5. Hope you guys don,t mind
    By gozo in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-11-2009, 10:28 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you all are well ..?. How we can operate on this Corona situation ?

Hi Guys ,
    Just curious whats going to happened to us to our industry in the coming months .....We have a shop as well so not sure in future we will be allowed to go there if this get worse like Italy ..!
    Online sales are down already ....Dont know how long royal mail is going to be operated and other ppl like DPD ?. What your thoughts ?.

Be safe Guys ..!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to our postman on Monday. He said that they have been instructed to place parcels on the doorstep, ring the bell, take a step back and sig the trackpad for the customer.
    DPD drivers are all 'self employed' - I imagine that they will be working until the govt. stops all movement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HERMES are the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work locally majority being hen and stag tshirts and local businesses. I have only had a few orders mostly for single tshirts in the last few weeks. Never been so slow even at this slower time of the year. People can't travel abroad, advised not to go to pubs and clubs so will be very few hen and stag parties and if you're staying at home drinking not much use for printed tshirts.

My sublimation printer stopped working a month or so ago and as sublimation was a very small part in what I do I decided not to replace it and I'm so glad I didn't.

I feel so so lucky though as I became eligible for my old age pension at beginning of the month so although I was intending to keep working I've closed down now because there's nothing coming in and I can only see it getting worse over the next few months, but as I said I only ever worked locally mostly through word of mouth or Facebook.

I hope everyone on here can keep going and don't suffer losing too much business. Many people will be on short hours or lose their jobs and we don't know how long this will go on for. I see the effect this has in my town even though no one has the virus yet and I really feel for businesses especially small ones and sole traders.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (24-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind words Tricia. Take care and enjoy your retirement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s going to be beyond hard especially for any very small businesses and the micro businesses and ones that just run on family teams and usually from home workshops, there isn’t much financial help available really, who wants a loan to repay in these times and how can you lay yourself off and most micro business paye is minimal for tax purposes as your accountant has suggested so unless you have other income streams it is probably worth looking to grab a supermarket job for the short spike in demand there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk