Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Small Business Grant
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-03-2020, 05:33 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-07-2017, 10:08 AM
  3. Business Rates for Home Based Business?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-02-2015, 10:28 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 17-01-2012, 05:35 PM
  5. What kind of a business is your business
    By John G in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe that's why xpres have reopened. All of their punters have got ten large in their bins.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (09-04-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Maybe that's why xpres have reopened. All of their punters have got ten large in their bins.
    now that made me chuckle
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    Has anyone received it that does not actually need it, but qualifies under the SBRR ? you could invest it in premium bonds? then it is there when you need to pay it back !

Gone though a few scenarios in my head on what it could be spent on... credit card, help out a few family members, UV printer, laser printer, classic Volkswagen Beetle? It's going to sit in a separate saver account to gaze at every time I log into my bank account and experience that warm fuzzy feeling for a while longer!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for mine . Nothing from my council to say they even received my application. Have now emailed my MP and the CEO of the council. MP emailed back saying that I should have been at least given a time line and if I don’t have a payment next week to contact him again.
    Got an email from the CEO PA saying that the application was being dealt with and I may, MAY!!!! receive a payment in the near future.
    WTF!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I applied on Saturday morning, filling out the form on the council website. Received an email three business days later to acknowledge that I qualified. I should expect the payment in my bank account within the week. The guy next door to me is a bit nervous about it, because he doesn't think he received a rates letter this year. So he might have a bit of extra work to do to get it. But mine was painless.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 09-04-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I applied on Saturday morning, filling out the form on the council website. Received an email three business days later to acknowledge that had been accepted. I should expect the payment in my bank account within the week.
    Filled mine out online 2/4/2020 nothing yet.
    This is why I have escalated it to the MP and CEO. In fact nobody on my parade of shops has heard a thing.

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    Filled mine out online 2/4/2020 nothing yet.
    This is why I have escalated it to the MP and CEO. In fact nobody on my parade of shops has heard a thing.

Only 5 business days ago.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gotta say Quinn’s give em a chance :-)

I spoke to one of my councils business rates representatives and she was explaining that they obviously were hit on the 27th March with pretty much every single business in the authority area applying for the grant.

Each application has to be approved individually and a lot of them are incomplete (the most common being that the council rates reference number is missing), once approved which takes on average 10 minutes it is then passed for payment which can only be done by a very select few in the council (for obvious reasons) and has to be done manually.

Jo (the council worker) said they they are working over the Easter weekend to catch up and hope that all applications that are approved will be paid by the latest Tuesday.

So about 2 1/2 weeks to get as many done as they can. This does not include ones where there is an issue such as the bank name differing from the company name (for example)

Bear in mind that this is Denbighshire, it is not a huge industrial area and I would imagine the number of businesses in the area is relatively low.

I explain this to give you an idea of timelines and how long it’s taking.

It’s a royal pain, but it is what it is. The grant is there to cover business payments for the next three months or more so in theory it shouldn’t matter whether it comes today or next week.

USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Business Grant Fund ??

But at least respond with acknowledgement that things are being dealt with. If you ring my council all they say is please email as we are not taking calls. You email but don’t get a response. The website states to see the Gov.uk for information and the Gov.uk site contact your local council. All I want is an acknowledgement that as I have SBRR I will be in receipt of a payment. I have gone from working at home to having premises. I only moved in in January so I am quite worried about the whole thing as this is all new to me. Maybe I am being a bit unforgiving but I have had contact with other people from neighbouring councils who have either been paid or have notifications that payment will be made. All I seem to get is vague will it should happen but we don’t t know when.

Many thanks
    Iain

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    But at least respond with acknowledgement that things are being dealt with. If you ring my council all they say is please email as we are not taking calls. You email but don’t get a response. The website states to see the Gov.uk for information and the Gov.uk site contact your local council. All I want is an acknowledgement that as I have SBRR I will be in receipt of a payment. I have gone from working at home to having premises. I only moved in in January so I am quite worried about the whole thing as this is all new to me. Maybe I am being a bit unforgiving but I have had contact with other people from neighbouring councils who have either been paid or have notifications that payment will be made. All I seem to get is vague will it should happen but we don’t t know when.

I think that is a very fair point. You do deserve at lest an acknowledgement of your application without question.

Fingers crossed for you fella

USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...