Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printer colours changing
    By PaulOC in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2018, 11:13 PM
  2. Epson WF 7110 - colours changing - various issues
    By Alex S in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 11:21 PM
  4. Changing background colour in Photoshop
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
  5. Assistance Needed - Changing colours in photo
    By draig in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-05-2010, 09:28 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photoshop CS2 changing colours of pics

Hi all, I have been sucessfully using Photoshop CS2 with my sublimation printer and ICC profile, on a laptop.
    20200401_125045.jpg20200401_125123.jpgI recently bought a desktop pc for the workshop, as the laptop has been my main workhorse for along time, and i wanted a designated pc in the workshop. My Silhouttte Cameo cutter set up and works perfectly on the new desktop, But, .. Although I have an exact same CS2 installed, and am using the exact same pics/designs & immages that I have always used, for some reason the immage colours change when i open them in CS2 (they open fine in windows immage viewer, or publisher etc. I have a video clip to show whats happening, and have attached stills, 1st pic shows image before opening with CS2, 2nd pic show image opened in CS2. Also, any pics that I have already saved in my Photoshop folder, that have all been used successfully to print off, now open with colours changed, the same as the second pic here.

I realise that CS2 is now defunct and unsupported, but as I said, its working fine on my laptop.

Can anyone help please ? Is it a settings issue? I am sure it worked fine (opened an image in CS2 fine, and printed it out on sub paper fine) when I 1st installed CS2 and the ICC profile on this desktop. I have even now uninstalled and re-installed CS2 in case I had inadvertently changed some settings or something ?

Tia for any help,

Chris P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update to this:
    The only reference that i could find on this forun that was asking about similar issues, explained that it may be the immage settings/hue & contrast. I tried adjusting the hue, and although it improved the immage (the pink went back to red & the green went a little darker) the immage didnt return to what it should look like in the original.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with your setup other than you are trying to compare 2 different monitors. Every monitor produces a different display, even 2 monitors of the same make and model.

You could buy expensive colour calibration equipment or, do what most of us do and simply alter your monitor to give the best display, even though you know the colours are off.

Try printing out and pressing a colour swatch and compare with your actual monitor colours. This will help you to make corrections.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi webtrekker,

Thank you for the response, a couple of points. The same monitor (on my new desktop) opens all immages fine and exactly as they should be in any other way, other than photoshop. It is only photoshop that opens them with different colours? Bot immages attatched above were open on the same pc with the same monnitor. Pic 1 is in standard windows pic viewer, and is as it should be, and pic 2 is opened in photoshop on the same pc & monitor. all other immages opened on the same pc & monitor open fine and as should be. Its just photoshop that seems to change the colours?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Try this ...

First, make sure that the 'Image --> Mode -->' menu item is set to 'RGB Color.'

Now go to the 'Edit --> Color Settings...' menu and make sure 'RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1' is selected in the 'Working Spaces' dropdown.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that had already been tried, and settings were as you suggested. Still the same. Ive just had a long conversation with a graphic designer colleague who has suggested more things to try, but made no difference. It would seem that its an incompatibility issue between cs2 and my monitor, thet dont seem to like each other. This mave have happened since a windows update was done also. Thanks for your help.