Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. Epson B1100 Stylus Printer - new A3+ printer
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 02:00 AM

Thread: 3D printer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D printer

Hi folks, I intend to buy a 3D printer for home-use. I need something reliable but not too expensive. Leave feedback, thank you!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look on Amazon, choose your price point and read the reviews. Be aware that the cheaper models are probably kits but if you have any mechanical aptitude this can be rewarding. Allow a week to build and then calibrate, join a forum for that printer (or style) and see what items are recommended to make the machine better. Some are vital, not bling. I have been printing for 3 years and started with a Geeetech for £160, added another £150 to replace various bits and it printed well. However it required a lot of "input" to keep it sweet. This is the advantage of a more expensive ready made item that should (!) work out of the box. I now use a Prusa Mk3 (kit) with another on its way. This is largely still a stock machine with no enhancements so you get the picture. However £700 (kit) is not cheap, currently at least 2 months delivery as well. Finally make sure the print bed is big enough for your needs, guessing you may want to print PPE visor components. I am printing 14 hours a day at the moment and praying the machine keeps rolling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the details my friend!