Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

InkExperts

Similar Threads

1. totally confuzzled :(
    By Maggie in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-01-2014, 08:23 PM
  2. Ricoh GX e3300N Sublimation Printer for Sale (Brand New)
    By Philipjbaker in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-03-2012, 12:56 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member and totally brand new to sublimation

Good evening, hope you are all well.
    A new member here, we (my girlfriend and i) recently bought a heat press and now looking for advice, and pointing in the right direction on where to start with this new venture.

Now i have the press and have stock of t shirts, tote bags and mugs waiting to be printed, i am looking at what printer is suited for us to buy to allow us to print onto these items.

We are brand new to this, and decided to give it a go, as Karen runs baby events and stalls in Manchester and would like to print and sell mugs/shirts/bags etc on these stalls.

Any advice or pointing in the right direction would be very much appreciated on what to look for in a printer, or advice in general, what to do next.
    Even advice on what not to do and what common mistakes to avoid.

Regards

Steve & Karen

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Steve and Karen.

Nip over to inkexperts website who are supporters of the forum and grab a sublimation package.
    Bear in mind you can only sublimate onto polyester fabrics.

t-shirts that are cotton or other will need either an eco solvent printer for printed graphics or a vinyl cutter for heat transfer vinyl.

For Mugs you will need a mug press or halogen oven (mug press for me)

What equipment do you currently have?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening Mrteajunkie,
    We have one of these 6 in 1 t-shirt/cap/2 x mug/2 x plate presses. The only printer in our house is a Canon TS5000 See attached photo for Press machine.
    Yes i was on Ink experts today, and saw ET-3110, ET-2650 and ET-2714. I left a voice mail with them as i want to know what the difference is between them before i commit to buying a printer.

Regards

print press.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are lots and I mean lots of suppliers around but you can’t go wrong using one of the site supporters like xpres for instance.

inkexperts are members here so you may even get a reply here too ;)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, sorry if we have not picked up the voicemail. Our phone system is off at the moment as we are running one staff in the office and one in shipping. If you do need any help please email us as we picked these up and try to answer within 30 mins.

With the printers we currently stock they are as follows-

Eoctank L3110 - entry level, all in one with ecotank system. Entry to medium built so ideal for hobbyist or small business. No WIFI - USB connection only - never bothered us as we prefer USB as its a more stable connection.

Ecotank ET2650 - mid rnage, all in one with ecotank system. Our personal favourite at the moment. Good strong chassis, great paper feed (better than ET2714 / L3110 in our opinion), WIFI, USB etc. Great print quality. Our go to model for A4 at present.

Ecotank ET2714 - mid range, all in one with ecotank. We have just replaced the ET2711 which we sold hundreds of, great machine. Print quality is excellent. Chassis and paper feed are not quite as good as ET2650 in our opinion, but otherwise a great machine.

Ecotank L805 - high end professional. Dedicated printer only (no scanner / copier), ecotank system. A4 with 6 colours instead of the usual 4. Fantastic quality and much improved print speed over the above models. USB or WIFI connectivity.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 213533 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Alex, yeah i bought the ET2650 from yourselves and it came on Tuesday, installed no problem, think the ICC setup has installed on GIMP but i seem to be using photopad right now.

One thing i will say, is the best advice ive read on here is "pull up a chair and some coffee". Best thing i did, whoever said it, many thanks. Having a great time reading through old threads and posts and learning a heck of a lot. Really enjoying it.
    I can understand a lot of the experienced people can get frustrated with the likes of me, if i come on here asking basic questions when i should be finding out for myself and learning. Think there's a fine balance though between learning and making a few mistakes, and wasting good stock due to mistakes.

Have produced a couple of mugs for friends and family and awaiting feedback on how they hold up after hand or machine washing, but yeah, all good stuff so far.

Regards

Steve & Karen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to T&T For This Useful Post:

leehilton90 (27-05-2020)