Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Etsy Shop Suspended!
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 16-09-2021, 03:46 PM
  2. Etsy selling
    By paul 44 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16-03-2018, 08:17 PM
  3. Etsy Store
    By Mikejohno1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21-08-2017, 09:25 PM
  4. Etsy Folksy NOTHS
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-10-2014, 09:18 PM
  5. Etsy the new Ebay ?
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I used to sell (MANY years ago!) imported oil paintings on a market stall. I did very well at the time as few were doing the same. However, as with many of these new ideas, popularity eventually dwindled and I turned my hand to selling greetings card. Now THAT was a WHOLE different ball game!

You see, everyone wants a fast buck for the minimum of effort, so I had to compete with others who were selling the same cards as me, bought from the same warehouses. The trouble was, some of these people were established sellers and had been buying large stocks over a period of years from these warehouses and some were getting 30% discount. I couldn't compete with that so, after about a year selling cards, I gave up.

So that's my point ... When I was stretching canvases and framing them no one was interesedt in competing as it involved some work and expertise. This is where I learned that it's daft flogging a dead horse trying to compete with others who can always undercut your prices. Far better to put a little thought and effort into an idea of your own that requires a little skill and is therefore not going to be immediately jumped upon by the stack-em-high-and-sell-em-low brigade.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Appreciate all the response folks but i think we're going a little off topic. Thread is regarding Etsy SEO etc. not quality and price of products. Apprecoate the inoput and comments though :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Appreciate all the response folks but i think we're going a little off topic. Thread is regarding Etsy SEO etc. not quality and price of products. Apprecoate the inoput and comments though :-)
    Some use spammy titles and sell lots, and some don't, and sell lots.
    Some put a load of words in their description and some don't, but both can sell well.
    Quick turnaround helps, as does good reviews.
    Bad reviews (justified or not) will harm your rankings.

I don't think there is any particular recipe for success, but if you can drive traffic to your Etsy shop then this will be a big advantage.
    However, if you can do that, then you may as well have your own website.

Given the questionable loving of a quick buck for the shareholders which the latest CEO has, then I would suspect that Etsy has secret algorithms which it doesn't tell anyone about.

I go through periods of mass sales, then nothing, without changing a thing. A change in the algorithm is to blame I would expect.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SubOnCotton For This Useful Post:

Justin (21-05-2020)