Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Softest Print and Cut Transfer, same feel as plastisol screen print, for Darks
    By Boyan in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-01-2020, 10:20 AM
  2. Print CMYK test in margin of print (Photoshop)
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What print and cut to get?

Hi

We are looking into getting a wide format printer to expand are range we currently only do sublimation so this is a whole new area for us.

we like the look of the roland vs 300 but then again there is that many not 100% can these do the following or is a different set up needed for certain ones eg
    heat transfer
    banners
    stickers
    the self cling window film
    canvas photos

any advise would be great looked through some old posts but didnt know if things have changed since lol

Kind regards

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Latex Print and cut set up. Can do all of the things you have listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some of the newer models of Roland use inks that do not wash well as tshirt transferes
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

4. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

pw66 (18-05-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the Mimaki CJV150 series. The CJV150-107 is a similar price to the smaller Roland models but prints at 110cm wide (44") against the Rolands 30" width.
    Ideal for banners and medium signs, as well as garment vinyl.
    If you outgrow it and need something biggerthen it can be converted to sublimation ink.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Look at the Mimaki CJV150 series. The CJV150-107 is a similar price to the smaller Roland models but prints at 110cm wide (44") against the Rolands 30" width.
    Ideal for banners and medium signs, as well as garment vinyl.
    If you outgrow it and need something biggerthen it can be converted to sublimation ink.
    Pw66 do you have one of the mimaki printers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will have as soon as we come out of full lockdown. I was going to pull the plug back in April, but no point having it sit around with the warrenty running out!
    The guy I sub out my solvent work to has the wider CJV150-160 model and the results are very good. He is happy with it and has had no trouble.
    I don't need a full width printer, but the 110cm media width is better for me than the Rolands 30" width.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was looking at doing the same hence the question and had pretty much decided on the same model.
    Out.of interest where where buying it from, I was thinking of xpres just need to be sure the after sales service is.rop notch

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure that Xpres offer good service.
    I was planning on shopping around for the best deal when the tax year changed at the start of April, but lockdown changed that in March.
    They do quite often have offers on Mimaki printers so I will wait. I am in no hurry - I don't think there is going to be an upswing (for me) until September.

I have already decided on the machine I want, due to size vs. price, and experience of using product printed on the machine. the danger is that you go for the 'market leader' (Roland, in our niche sector) without shopping around. The ability to change to sub ink, if I decide to upgrade, is also a factor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have print and cut but now I swear by separate machines. Love the HP set up especially as I have now worked out the barcode reader set up. Print all my print and cut stuff first, laminate it and then run it through the cutter whilst the printer is busy doing other stuff.
    Have just run 5 meters of Sisser Colourprint from Grafityp through the printer all different jobs for clothing each with its own barcode and straight on the cutter. All 5 meters cut whilst I have printed 3 meters of floor graphics.
    Two jobs done instead of having to wait for the print and cut machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I only have BN-20 but having separate cutter is a God send! It speed up production so much!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG