Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. halogen oven vs Sublimation vacuum oven
    By smiley_mug in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-08-2023, 03:21 PM
  2. Mug Help - Ghosting Black Text on Polymer Mugs
    By liannef in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 01:40 AM
  3. 3D in a halogen oven
    By Quinsfan in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:09 PM
  4. Halogen Oven
    By steve 1 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-01-2013, 02:22 AM
  5. Getting Crisp Images Of Text On Mugs
    By whitesquizzel in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justroll View Post
    i did, then switched to copy paper, comparison below, conclusion pretty clear; do NOT use copy paper
    I've read the forum for a while about timings with a oven.
    I cook mine around 180-200°c for 9 minutes and get really good results and longer and the detail looks scorched.
    I do 2 mugs at the same temps for 11 mins and 15 seconds and they look good.
    Most of the scrap I make is usually my fault and a error in process.
    I've only been at this 7 months as a hobby to keep myself busy, but like webtekker says, it's littered with inconsistencies I've not had a session of printing where something doesn't go wrong . It's the most frustrating thing I've ever done but I'm stubborn , I will not let it beat me. I chucked a full box of scrap from the last few months .
    I've never used copier paper though..

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what i did to get my timing right was using this test pattern, especially for black tones. It can be found here as A3 print, i cut out the boxes and apply them bit by bit to the mug, after each run i cool the mug down back to room temp.

I honnestly think the hallogen oven is the incosistency itself, i did load of test, 13 min is the sweetspot , main reasons are circulation issues, footprint, and heating pattern that is controlled by the oven. Even after testing multiple mugs, there is a percantage that just is a fail, and i hate wasting time.

I just purchased this https://www.ggmgastro.com/gb/heisslu...en46x33-2.html oven , in the hope that it will give me consistency.

Keep you posted

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!! Is that a chef's oven? Some money spent on that.
    I'm sublimating on a budget I've not got that far ahead just yet.
    I use a spacer on my oven to create more air circulation.
    I really hope that new oven works though looks a Gucci bit of kit.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those mini table hot air ofens are the best for sublimation, i have a mug press and such an oven and the oven beats the press eaasily because i dont have the lines of the heating element which was not a big problem with the mug press because it was hardly visible at all in dark areas but with the oven i can also print full top to bottom without any fading at all. I use duraglaze mugs and if i am honest it works all the time, even one minute longer or shorter, doesnt matter. Even the temperature setting on such an oven is not really precise but it doesnt matter. All i can say is 9 minutes are way to short in my case, you will get a blotchy image. I compared a mug with the same image to the one from the oven, no difference in sharpness or color at all, just without fading and heat element lines. The mug press is good for small logos on white background, then i prefer to use it.