Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Black line at transfer edge on mugs
    By kiddleddee in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2017, 05:14 PM
  2. Inconsistancy of mug bottom edge printing
    By CockerSpanielsRus in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2016, 10:23 AM
  3. Mugs - Colour at top/bottom more often faded than solid
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13-01-2015, 09:56 AM
  4. Mugs - black print faded at the bottom
    By Oaten in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23-04-2014, 10:46 PM
  5. Print faded near bottom of image on some mugs, please advise
    By MREDD in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just create your own mug template, it's just a rectangle?.....

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its just rectangle but again Im having to mess about with it on the guillotine to get the right cut out so to make life easier I was just being lazy and wanted a pre-template so Im always on point - with or without a bleed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you are getting started with Dye Subbing mugs, have you considered mug designs that have a 10mm or so gap top and bottom. If you have 3 up designs on a A4 sheet, you will have a good gap to the handle, less headaches while you hone your skills.
    I don't know where you are looking to sell, in my view, the 3 main online selling platforms carry a lot of mug designs as above. Premium priced mug designs, 2 up on a A4 sheet, tend to be Top to Bottom and Close to the handle, were experience and probably an oven helps no end, just my personal opinion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The straightest edge mugs we have used are Xpres, recently got some from Novachrome during the mug drought and they were fine to get us through until shipment arrived. All others we have tried over the years have given us problems but they could be different now.

Sometimes flipping a mug half way through can give you better results on bottom edge ie putting the bottom of the mug at the other end of your press. Hope that makes sense!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knightweb View Post
    While you are getting started with Dye Subbing mugs, have you considered mug designs that have a 10mm or so gap top and bottom. If you have 3 up designs on a A4 sheet, you will have a good gap to the handle, less headaches while you hone your skills.
    I don't know where you are looking to sell, in my view, the 3 main online selling platforms carry a lot of mug designs as above. Premium priced mug designs, 2 up on a A4 sheet, tend to be Top to Bottom and Close to the handle, were experience and probably an oven helps no end, just my personal opinion
    Just purchased Subliflex Pre Cut paper which has helped a lot for me. Some background. Slipped Disc 5 yrs ago and messed up Root Nerves in Spine so cant do much i.e. work. Only till recently I discovered I can make use of Illustrator and bought a mug press (long story short) in terms of selling.. its more so Hobby /Craft with intent to sell but there is no way Im looking to open shop. Cant do it on my own.

I cant get a hold of express mugs to give them a try but Ive been getting much better results fiddling around with Printer Settings as such. To get around the fading bottom and edges Ive only been placing an image 100 or 200mm away from both handle, top and bottom & its been fine. But TY 👍🏼

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A noob in the game so I wasnt aware of this drought. Seems like the BSM euro and Xpress were sold out everywhere. Glad you guys got some more in.

when you say halfway through, Im assuming you mean halfway whilst its being pressed, so half the timer, turn the mug around and then back onto the heat? Wont I run the risk of the image slipping or moving?

i have flipped the element also to see if that helped but nah. In all honesty It may just be user error, I may not be applying the image on correctly or using my tools properly. But TY ����

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One simple solution as recommended to me from another user on here (WebTrekker), use a halogen oven. £30 from amazon.

Even with the Listawood Genie 3 Mug press I was still getting issues around the edge of the element. Swapped to using a cheap halogen oven (didn't believe it would work but for £30 it wasn't too much to lose).

Consistent heat all around, the green silicone mug wraps are about £5-£10. My mug press is now gathering dust. I use it if I have a design that goes nowhere near the edge, but most of my mugs are full 230mm top to bottom.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMose For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (03-05-2021)