Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Blizzard Convection Oven Owners
    By socialgiraffe in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 10:20 PM
  2. Commercial Convection Ovens
    By michaelpost in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-02-2020, 04:03 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2019, 01:28 PM
  4. Convection oven
    By thepetographer in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-09-2012, 12:03 PM
  5. Schulze (Blue-Line) 4-way press / get what you pay for?
    By Postcard in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 17-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Schulze Bluepressline 4 vs Blizzard convection oven

We print around 200 mugs per day and currently use 4 x Freesub ST210’s. We have varying results with the Freesub presses so are looking to upgrade to something much more reliable.

We have been eyeing up the Schulze Bluepressline 4 Plus which is a German made press from the company that makes the automated 15 mug machine. It looks like it’s well built and good quality. We would be looking to buy two of these at £950+vat each for a total of 8 mugs at a time.

The other option is a blizzard convection oven, costing around £400 plus a heap load of wraps (probably another £400-500 for 48 wraps).

On the two presses we can do about 80-100 mugs an hour whereas in the oven we could do about 72 mugs an hour.

The main limitation with an oven is that it’s not very convenient for lower quantities of mugs.

So, what would you go for? I’m struggling to decide and need to replace our freesub machines really soon.
    Last edited by gazfocus; 20-05-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We currently have the Blizzard and also a couple of single head machines. The blizzard is superb, consistant results every time, fukll top to bottom and close to the handle. Obviosuly not practical (but perfecrtly feasable) to print 1 mug in an oven! So, this is where having singkle head machines 'can' come in useful.

I've seen the bluepress machines and they do get a good review. Thats said, I've seen other machines with then same name so be cautious if you go that route.

I was always a believer in having multiple single head machines over a 5 in 1. If 1 packs up you still have 4. If your 5 in 1 packs up you have nothing.

Yes you have to factor in costs for wraps (buy dirrect from China, much much cheaper) and also it takes a little longer adding and removing the wraps.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Justin. I’ve read a lot about the blizzard ovens and have been thinking about getting one for a few years but have always been put off by the fear of wasting large chunks of mugs if something were to go wrong and working out the times for different quantities of mugs.

The issue of bleeding also concerns me but will have to look into it more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes that was my wortry, you mess up far many more mugs in one go! To be honest once you have the heat and time right they're spot on. A few members have them and comparing times we all tend to use the same. I've not seen any bleeding.

Obviosuly depends on your mugs as well.

For the initial outlay they're great.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Yes that was my wortry, you mess up far many more mugs in one go! To be honest once you have the heat and time right they're spot on. A few members have them and comparing times we all tend to use the same. I've not seen any bleeding.

Obviosuly depends on your mugs as well.

For the initial outlay they're great.
    Thanks @Justin, think I’ll give the blizzard a go. Have seen a seller on amazon selling the mug wraps for £45.99 for 12 so will buy a load (can always flog them if it goes pear shaped haha).

Would much rather spend £600-800 on an oven and wraps and get consistent results if possible. Wouldn’t have to worry about if an employee has put the mugs too close to the edge of the heat blanket either :)

We generally use the grade AA mugs from Neil Brothers. Have tried a fair number of mug brands over the years and these seem pretty good in comparison.

Have just paid for a years membership btw. Thanks for your help :)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gazfocus For This Useful Post:

Justin (21-05-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think it's a good deciusion ;-). As a few of us already use them at least we can vouch.

Remember you'll want as many wraps as you can get. I may 'cook' say 18 mugs at a time (you can do more) so will have another 18 ready to go, that means 36 wraps.

I tend to stay on the side of caution and do slightly smaller mug runs, allowing the air to circulate well but some users have stated they can get quite a few more in, this is only using the shelves as well.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Yeah I think it's a good deciusion ;-). As a few of us already use them at least we can vouch.

Remember you'll want as many wraps as you can get. I may 'cook' say 18 mugs at a time (you can do more) so will have another 18 ready to go, that means 36 wraps.

I tend to stay on the side of caution and do slightly smaller mug runs, allowing the air to circulate well but some users have stated they can get quite a few more in, this is only using the shelves as well.
    I’ve just ordered the Blizzard oven and 72 mug wraps (with the view of possibly doing 24 at a time). Mug wraps are from amazon (fulfilled by amazon) at 45.99 for 12 so not a bad price and do for £660 (ish) have hopefully got a nice upgrade without spending £2k ok two 4 mug presses.

Next question is what would be a good mug press to get to run along side the oven? Tempted to just get another freesub as it’ll have infrequent use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just jumping into your thread, I have been experimenting with a halogen oven and seem to have issues in getting the temps/times right each time, resulting in product loss. Is the blizzard oven more consistent on this one ? Are you guys using the BCO1 ? I didn't bought a press thinking i wouldn't need on, and that the halogen oven could cover my needs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I find the Blizzard superb, consistent every time. I nkow many members get on ok with the small halogen but personally I never liked them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazfocus View Post
    Thanks @Justin, think I’ll give the blizzard a go. Have seen a seller on amazon selling the mug wraps for £45.99 for 12 so will buy a load (can always flog them if it goes pear shaped haha).

Would much rather spend £600-800 on an oven and wraps and get consistent results if possible. Wouldn’t have to worry about if an employee has put the mugs too close to the edge of the heat blanket either :)

We generally use the grade AA mugs from Neil Brothers. Have tried a fair number of mug brands over the years and these seem pretty good in comparison.

Have just paid for a years membership btw. Thanks for your help :)

Where did you buy the oven from in the end?

Those cheap wraps aren't too bad. You get the occasional duff one or the clasp looses its shape, but they are replaceable.

What are the imperfections like on the AA? Is the mug always the same or do they vary from batch to batch?