Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Finished Mug Costs
    By leehyde30 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 11:32 PM
  2. Postage Costs
    By TonyM in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-09-2011, 09:55 PM
  3. Costs
    By harlequeen in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:34 PM
  4. Postage Costs....
    By Lee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-04-2011, 12:46 AM
  5. Delivery Costs
    By ilmf44 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ink costs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ink costs

Hi

So you is a broad question and just looking for a rough answer to work out my costs and hope someone could answer from experience. I am looking at getting the L805 printer and will be printing mug size prints only. I can just wondering how many prints I can expect for the 6 100ml ink bottles?

Like I said I know it is a tough one to answer but in all honesty I can't even guess a number for worst cases as I have no idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pennies.
    It is directly proportional to paper usage, so the easiest way is to just over estimate your paper cost, to include ink usage. If you cost paper and ink combined at 20 pence per a4 sheet you will be very well on the correct side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so I am right in think that 100 A4 is £11.62 and 100ml of 6 ink is £90 both from Cityink. That means the cost of the paper is 12p per sheet that means 9p per print on Ink meaning you should get around 1000 prints from 100ml? obviously there are a lot of variables but would that be a reasonable number? That sounds a ridiculous amount so I am guessing my figures are out somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Pennies.
    It is directly proportional to paper usage, so the easiest way is to just over estimate your paper cost, to include ink usage. If you cost paper and ink combined at 20 pence per a4 sheet you will be very well on the correct side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's almost impossible to work out how many prints you'd get from a 100ml bottle of ink. It depends on the area and density of the print. Some designs have a lot of solid colour, others have a lot of white in the design.

As for the paper, it depend how many wraps you are getting from a sheet of A4. I print 2 per sheet (landscape), others print 3 per sheet (portrait), so it could cost 6p or 4p respectively, depending on your choice.

As PW66 has said, the cost of the ink is almost neglible, and working on a rough estimate of 20p per mug for ink and paper will be more than sufficient to cover your costs
    Last edited by webtrekker; 26-05-2020 at 12:42 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

leehilton90 (26-05-2020), pw66 (26-05-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for your help guys. I am a bit of an overthinker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Webtrekker explained it better than me.
    If you allow 20p per sheet you will never be on the wrong side - if it is only 13p you probably won't reduce your selling price by 7p, so all is good, unless you are printing high volumes at a very competitive price.
    The extra few pennies covers misprints, mistakes and wear and tear on the printer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

leehilton90 (26-05-2020), webtrekker (26-05-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Use inkexperts.co.uk who are affiliated with dsf and provide 10% discount to premium members. Their advice is also genuine with no hard sell and are on this forum regulary answering questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have today purchased my heat press and a couple of other things. But I was planning on getting an L805 from CityInkExpress as I had decided on Paper and ink and felt comfortable with what I was looking at. Now I am unsure obviously because of the discount and Ink Express are out of stock on the L805

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will it have any effect if I was to get the ink from a different place when I need a refill?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't think InkExperts offer the 10% discount on printers, so even if they had one in stock your choice of supplier would depend on their individual selling prices and discount wouldn't apply.

As for changing inks at a later date, yes, that's possible, but I think you'll find that the CIE inks provide perfectly acceptable results. I have found this to be the case for the last 5 years. I will agree though that support from InkExperts seems to be very good and their continual forum presence is an added bonus.