Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Forum Update, upgrades, new sections etc.
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2020, 10:40 PM
  2. Wasatch RIP
    By Alistscott in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-03-2019, 07:01 PM
  3. Wasatch RIP - Anyone Using?
    By Justin in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-09-2017, 07:30 PM
  4. Wasatch RIP - Importing Custom profiles HPZ 2100
    By Justin in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2017, 09:05 PM
  5. Grainy Background On Epson SC F6000 Using Wasatch Rip
    By Alistscott in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-05-2016, 04:22 PM

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Wasatch RIP - Upgrades etc.

I'm using the Wasatch SoftRIP with my VJ628 printer. I bought the software a few years back with the printer, cost around £1000 just for the RIP but well worth it.

I then got a new profile to test and had to upgrade from version 7.3 to 7.6 to enable me to do this. Wasatch wanted about £800 at the time for the upgrade which seemed ridiculous. Eventually Sawgrass helped me and arranged for the upgrade to be given FOC.

Now, I want to move the software, version 7.6 to another drive within my PC or better still to a different PC. Wasatch no longer had downloads available for older versions as they're on v8 but luckily i found I still had the install files. I started installing on my machine, put in required dongle etc. then you have to register with Wasatch but, v7.6 no longer supported.

Longer story short, they are now asking for £50 a month or £600 for a new licence that I don't need!! So if my PC crashes and I have to re-install I can't without paying out all over again. i've cloned my drive so I do have a backup but can't move the install.

My point is that I purchased a perfectly good copy v7.3, the only difference to v7.6 is I can use the newer profile! I don't need v8 for any other reason. I do feel held to ransom over this and don't think this is right at all.

Comparison, I own CorelDraw v4 which still works fine and I can use my serial number whenever I re-install. I didn't have to upgrade to v8 but did and can now run both, my choice and there is a big difference in features.

Sawgrass have just emailed saying Wasatch don't support and I have to upgrade. I've stuck with Sawgrass on this printer as it's very good, I pay Sawgrass prices for the inks. I'm just about to replace all the inks at a cost of £400 (which is actually decent enough value) but if I have to find another £600 for software I amy as well go back to looking at alternatives!
    Last edited by Justin; 27-05-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!