Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ricoh SG3110DN printing from Photoshop
    By Volusian in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-07-2020, 12:20 PM
  2. Printing from Photoshop to Ricoh 7000?
    By Stitch Up in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-02-2020, 06:35 PM
  3. Printing from Photoshop issues
    By RichG in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2019, 06:03 PM
  4. Sublimation printing through Mac Photoshop CC
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Last Post: 16-04-2019, 09:17 PM
  5. ricoh 3110dn not printing from photoshop
    By paul 44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Printing from Photoshop

I want to run two printers from the same Photoshop to help speed up the printing of orders. The problem, is that Photoshop crashes as soon as it tries to print...because it is trying to look for a different printer to the one it was using previously. ie it only likes printing to one printer.

Does anyone run two printers, or is it wiser to run a second computer instead?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a bug in Photoshop. Been going on for at least a year. Adobe just will not fix it and lots online about it. The workaround we use is to copy and paste the artwork into a new document before printing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I read about that bug, but wasn't sure if it was fixed in later versions. I print from A4/ A3 templates etc which have trim guides and I insert the designs into those print ready templates. So making new documents each time is just extra work.

One of my printers decided that it wants another waste ink reset after lying idle for months and me spending an hour cleaning the inside of it yesterday. Nice timing! So I'll just install its backup onto the other computer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    This is a bug in Photoshop. Been going on for at least a year. Adobe just will not fix it and lots online about it. The workaround we use is to copy and paste the artwork into a new document before printing.
    Yeah. I've made a few posts on the Adobe forum about exactly this problem. They just don't want to know.

The way I get around it is to run a cracked copy of CS5 for printing. Much, much better. I'm not bothered about doing that either as I still pay monthly for the latest CC version and Adobe, in their infinite wisdom, won't allow subscribers to download earlier versions now.

Stuff 'em!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Oh jees, that bug! They still deny it! I had the problem with just one printer. Bit the bullet and upgraded to CC to save hassle, just what they want you to do :-(
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The know-it-all's on the Adobe forum always replied wit the old 'reset your Photoshop settings' mantra. What a p*ss-take! Every time you reset your settings you then have to re-enter all your old settings again, assuming you kept a note of them, that is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I want to run two printers from the same Photoshop to help speed up the printing of orders.
    BTW, are you just repeat printing stored designs/images? If so, then why not save them as PDF's along with the relevant ICC profile and then just print the PDF's as and when required, without any Photoshop involvement?

I have printed sublimation prints like this with the correct ICC for my setup and they print fine.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If printing the same designs, tick the box in windows printer driver to save the file in the print queue, then you can just right click the job and select restart,. and it'll print it again ... we have this - each product type has its own print queue (sending to the same printer) and all the designs we regularly print for that product are saved in the queue, so for core designs, we don't need to open photoshop, just the print queue.

Also, Google for setting up a "print pool" - this is effectively what you want for multiple printers (assuming the printers are the same model) the printers/windows will decide which printer to send to spread the work load.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    If printing the same designs, tick the box in windows printer driver to save the file in the print queue, then you can just right click the job and select restart,. and it'll print it again ... we have this - each product type has its own print queue (sending to the same printer) and all the designs we regularly print for that product are saved in the queue, so for core designs, we don't need to open photoshop, just the print queue.

Also, Google for setting up a "print pool" - this is effectively what you want for multiple printers (assuming the printers are the same model) the printers/windows will decide which printer to send to spread the work load.
    My god that’s genius !!!
    Thank you I’m going to try that tomorrow.
    I have all the designs saved in Ps but can only print one at a time so while sub work is printing I can print my edible ink stuff too now then?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You should be able to print to both printers at the same time even from Photoshop.
    As long as your driver is set to start printing straight away, not when the whole page is spooled.
    Unless it is taking so long to spool that it is locking up your machine... in which case, get another SSD just for your print spool file, especailly if you are going to be keeping jobs permanently saved in the print queue, you should definitely have a seperate SSD just for that, and then another seperate SSD for the Windows Page File, and the Photoshop Swap file ... At least 3 SSDs in total - one for the OS, programmes etc, one for the printer, and one for the page/swap files.
    You could go further and seperate the programmes and OS if you want. And another for files (although we use a 4 bay NAS for files)