Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Forum Update, upgrades, new sections etc.
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2020, 10:40 PM
  2. Wasatch RIP
    By Alistscott in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-03-2019, 07:01 PM
  3. Wasatch RIP - Anyone Using?
    By Justin in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-09-2017, 07:30 PM
  4. Wasatch RIP - Importing Custom profiles HPZ 2100
    By Justin in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2017, 09:05 PM
  5. Grainy Background On Epson SC F6000 Using Wasatch Rip
    By Alistscott in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justin
    Have you tried IPA 99.9%?
    Not sure if it’s suitable on your printer but if you have nothing to lose I would soak the head.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteajunkie For This Useful Post:

Justin (06-09-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've increased the strength of the cleaning fluid until it's 100%, not tried IPA yet but will, cheers. Originally a solvent printer so should be fine.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

razerphotographic (27-10-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    So SG have responded again. They've told me there's a 1 year warranty with a new printer....uhm, ok. Also sent me instructions on how to maintain the printer correctly! How condescending! Trying to say it's because it's not been maintened properly? It's always been cleaned as per their guides and never given a hint of a problem. This has clearly happened as a result of the Longstore process they outline for machine movements.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quick update on this....or rather NO UPDATE! SG will send me 3 carts if I sedn them an invoice for a new printer!!! They just ignore my emails when i say it isn't good enough so I know where I stand.

In the meantime, I found another VJ628 for sale locally, bought it for a very good price. It has been sat best part of 18 months without being used and even then only did a handful of prints so as new condition. All inks were well out of date, 2017. Fired up and immediately got 100% nozzle check. replaced a couple of inks with others I got at same time dated 2019. I've been running it alongside my other printer for the last couple of weeks and it prints perfectly!

So the moral of the story seems to be, leave the inks in place when powering off for 18 months! SG say the machine must be left on 24 hours a day for self cleaning. They're also saying the head on my printer must have been faulty already as Longstore and Initial Charge do not cause blockages.....I think I can 100% confirm they do...and did!

I've shifted some of the nozzle blocks on mine and I'm only left with a few (5 or 6 now) and it's printing fine, but that's not the point.

I stand by these machines as being superb workhorses but will no longer support SG inks or products. Interestingly I've managed to start convering one of these printers to refil carts using Ink Tec inks. I need to find some time to complete this project but it will prove very interesting!