Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Large Heat Press 50 x 40
    By mrs maggot in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 01:03 PM
  2. Large Format Heat Press Wanted
    By Ray@Sublime Prints in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25-08-2014, 11:18 PM
  3. wanted a3 size heat press urgently
    By phil in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 11:22 AM
  4. what size of heat press to buy
    By gavgav in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 09:58 PM
  5. Large heat press, can I do smaller items?
    By jaffacat in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Large Size Heat Press?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting set up for sportswear sublimation. I'm going to start simple with socks and t-shirts.

However I also want to print towels - the sizes I'm looking at are 30 x 50 cm and 30 x 100 cm.

This could be a silly question, but alas, it is possible to sublimate a towel in two halves? i.e. heat press whatever fits and then move it across and press the rest? Or is that ridiculous and the only way of doing it is buying a big enough heat press?

Any advice would be massively appreciated!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've sublimated larger items and also put vinyl on in several or more parts. Vinyl is easier as you just press, move, press etc. and it stays in place. In theory you can do the same with sublimation but you have to be sure the paper doesn't move or you'll get ghosting/overprint etc.

TBH I think you'd find it a pain trying to do in sections. There are larger presses available, depending on your budget. Manual presses can be bought at reasonable prices but tend to be Chinese built or you can get a larger pneumatic model. Take a look Xpres. We nearly bought a large press from there but access to our current unit would have been a nightmare...bear that in mind!

If you're just doing small numbers, one offs etc. in the tea towels that's fine but if you're doing longer retail runs you may find it better to outsource to a specialit company. The subli tea towels I've seen have never been particularly nice and don't dry very well.

We sell photo towels in larger sizes, bath sheets etc. They look great but the drying surface is on the reverse and most folk will expect the picture side to dry you!
    Last edited by Justin; 31-05-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You;d be best aiming for a rotary press for fabrics rather than a large flat bed.