Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 03:25 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublimation ink suitability

Not looking to cause arguements or anything im just hearding conflicting information all over about inks we can/cant use and looking for some clarification if possible

I currently have an epson p800 and am running sublinova inks. Previously ran a p600 also with sublinova ink with no issues. I've been told now that this ink will damage these printers as these are designed for wide format printers with older dx4 and dx5 heads and not modern day epson desktops and that I should be using something made specifically for these. Seems to be only 1 company offering specific made ink for desktops. I notice some of the sublinova images indeed do say for use with dx4 and dx5 printer heads which indicated theres some truth in this?

So is this actually true or scare tactics? I've not had any issues with blocked heads on either the p600 or p800 and they've been left for a couple weeks on occasions using the sublinova ink. Used to get tons of head blocks on previous epson workforces. i just assumed this p series ones had better heads given theyre drastically more expensive.
    Graphtec CE6000-60, Sefa Rotex Pro Auto Open Swing, Galaxy Mug Press Pro, Epson P800 with sublimation inks, Ryonet Screen print setup

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Scare tactics and I have a feeling I know who is telling you these lies as they are peddling crap.

Although I am not familiar with your exact Epson models i am fairly confident in what I say (and I haven’t been sued yet!!!)

If you are in any doubt contact Ink Experts. They sell Sublinova inks, but I know from experience that they will NEVER sell you anything which will not work, they will not tell you lies to sell their ink (other crappy suppliers will and do) and if they are unable to help they will point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, yeah ink experts is where ive been buying my sublinova ink and ciss systems from in the past and they were useful when i was first setting up getting the printer flushed etc
    Graphtec CE6000-60, Sefa Rotex Pro Auto Open Swing, Galaxy Mug Press Pro, Epson P800 with sublimation inks, Ryonet Screen print setup