Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson Printers
    By R.Prints in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-09-2014, 12:32 PM
  2. epson printers
    By india in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM
  3. Epson Printers with inbuilt Epson CISS
    By pisquee in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-11-2012, 12:52 PM
  4. 4 & 6 Colour printers - The comparisons/problems?
    By Justin in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-05-2012, 07:48 PM
  5. Can I use any of my epson printers
    By john888 in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-02-2010, 09:29 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Epson 4 Colour Printers

My current printers are extremely fussy with paper choices, so I thought of adding a little A4 printer to my set up.

I don't really like the idea of paying an extra £100...whatever for an inbuilt scanner, so was wondering if any of the current crop of Epson A4 printers differ in print quality?

Can any of them be described as a workhorse photographic printer, or are they all just home consumer type printers?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I picked up a wee ET-2711 from IE about 12 weeks ago. I grabbed it because my Ricoh had gone caput and the Epson I actually want is not available yet.

This wee thing has been a corker of a work horse. I know I haven't invoiced anything for about three months now so I know that this machine has printed well over 5000 dye sub prints in that time. Only time that it let me down was when I forget to fill up the ink chamber with black ink.

I mainly print on to standard ink jet paper with it, but also run pre cut mug paper (243 x 105) and A4 DS paper through it without any hassle.

In terms of quality, I have not had any complaints, but then I am no where near as fussy as you ;-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I might just pick one up. These 1500s are painfully slow and I should really be keeping them for the A3+ sized paper they were intended to be used for.

What Epson are you waiting for?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What Epson are you waiting for?
    No idea, its one that Alex from Ink Experts has recommended. I know its available on Amazon (Alex told me it was), but a) I will not give Amazon any money if I can avoid it and b) I am quite loyal and would prefer to pay more and support a good business
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The new L850 is a nice A4 6 colour printer, basically the old (and excellent) P50 with eco tanks installed.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    The new L850 is a nice A4 6 colour printer, basically the old (and excellent) P50 with eco tanks installed.
    Just had a closer look at the L805 which I'm guessing you mistyped. The L805 appears to have the same spec..same 90 nozzles, droplet size and resolution as the 1500W, but will print in a quarter of the speed.

Amazon have a few mono printers going cheap social!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-EcoTa...mputers&sr=1-2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm always doing that. Yes it's basically the 1500 in A4 format. It is a bit quicker.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the ET- 2720, it has the scanner unit as well but others than that its a cheap 4 color A4 printer which has the eco tank system. The ET 2710 is the one without the display. I had 1-2 normal head cleanings until now, i made every 2nd day a nozzle check and had really no problems with the unit BUT i would recommend the printer only for power users because you can not remove the ink from the eco tank in the newer models, thats why i am looking currently for an older ET model but in A3+ which is the ET-14000. On this model you can suck the ink out of the eco tanks which is important to me becasue your sublimation ink will get old after 18 months and if you use the printer only from time to time you are not able to use all the ink in the eco tanks. I only filled in 30ml in the beginning when i got the printer and that hasnt changed much, only the black is at a critical level.