Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Anyone around dublin with an eco solvent printer that can print on a 75mm high object
    By cyprian.costelloe in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 11:37 AM
  2. solvent printer - AGAIN :)
    By Paul in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-02-2015, 10:12 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-04-2013, 06:47 PM
  4. solvent printer
    By smitch6 in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-05-2012, 09:38 AM
  5. anyone tried Solvent printing yet?
    By chongsta in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latex, solvent or eco solvent for new printer?

I was going to order a new wide format printer earlier this year, but covid has delayed that.
    I will be buying as we start to see some recovery, but I have now had way too much time to think!

My original plan was the Mimaki CJV150-107 - I don't need any bigger. I am now wondering if I should go for a latex or eco solvent printer. I will go bigger than the Mimaki if needed, but that is a minor consideration.

It will be for general purpose use, BUT must work well on garment vinyl.

Any insights into the pros and cons of the different ink types, and recommendations or horror stories of various machines. ( again, primarily for garment vinyl).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving my HP print and cut. I got the 115 but wished I went for the 315. I went on previous production before moving from my back garden into my new premises and now the lack ink capacity on the 115 is killing me.

Works fine on garment vinyl and the profiles are more readily available than on previous versions.
    I used to have an old Mimaki CJV 30-60 and the hassle of the cleaning if you didn’t use it was a pain. The HP can be left for weeks and not miss a beat. Also the separate cutter means better production as you can have both machines going at once.
    Just don’t forget if you are doing other stuff you will need a laminator as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinsfan For This Useful Post:

pw66 (27-06-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    Does the garment vinyl last as well as solvent printed vinyl? Is there as much choice of media?

I am coming from a long way back, - I have only just considered a latex printer. The guy who currently provides me with solvent logos uses a Mimaki, and that has been my starting point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Still looking to rehome my HP115 Print & Cut, PM if interested.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Does the garment vinyl last as well as solvent printed vinyl? Is there as much choice of media?

I am coming from a long way back, - I have only just considered a latex printer. The guy who currently provides me with solvent logos uses a Mimaki, and that has been my starting point.
    I have only had mine since November and have only just really started using it for garment vinyl as my main business is signage but so far so good. Most of the suppliers have now got profiles for the Latex printers. I currently use the Sisser PU from Grafytp. I had to tone down the heat but about 10 degrees but other wise it is fine.

I would definitely PM Justin

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinsfan For This Useful Post:

pw66 (28-06-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Still looking to rehome my HP115 Print & Cut, PM if interested.
    I am going to have a good look at everything that is out there. If we were a bit closer I might have been interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    I am going to have a good look at everything that is out there. If we were a bit closer I might have been interested.
    Why not go and have a look at the HP working elsewhere but buy from Justin. Where abouts are you. I am in Surrey and you are more than welcome to come and see mine.

Many thanks
    Iain

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinsfan For This Useful Post:

Justin (28-06-2020), pw66 (29-06-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm relocating back to the midlands, the printer will be down in the next few weeks all being well.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    Why not go and have a look at the HP working elsewhere but buy from Justin. Where abouts are you. I am in Surrey and you are more than welcome to come and see mine.

Thank-you very much for the kind offer. There is one I can look at locally, which I will do. Unfortunately the owner doesn't do any garment printing, so I won't get an objective opinion from him as to how well it works on garment vinyl. ( As opposed to a dealers 'opinion')

I still have a month or more to make a decision.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latex, solvent or eco solvent for new printer?

Take some garment vinyl along get them to download the profile and print it off for you. If you already have a roll check it is latex compatible and Bobs your mums brother.

Or send me the file I will print some off for you.
    Many thanks
    Iain