Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. S-Race Sublimation Paper - A call for reviewers!
    By DyeSubSupplies in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 17-08-2020, 05:39 PM
  2. S-Race Sublimation Paper
    By Tony4415 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2020, 07:45 PM
  3. Samples of the various brands of sublimation paper
    By Little Gem in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-02-2019, 10:02 AM
  4. Texprint XP paper
    By Lorcan in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

experiences with Sublimation paper brands S-Race, A-Sub, TexPrint etc...

Since i plan to buy a new printer in A3+ format i have to look for a different sublimation paper brand. My S-Race paper is not available in germany in size A3+, its availabe in the UK but the shipping costs are way to high to make sense. Now i can can get a paper from i guess a chinese Company "A-Sub a3+" or TexPrint XP-HR. I would love to stick with S-Race but its not possible. Which of those papers is the best for hard substrates or are there any differences at all because i constantly hear people who claim that they use normal copy paper for sublimation and it would be fine, i have my doubts about that because the ink needs to be kept on the surface for a high release etc.. I doubt normal papers will do that.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can you get Coldenhove Jetcol papers??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Can you get Coldenhove Jetcol papers??
    Never heard of that brand, seems like a very popular brand in the sublimation industry. The Jetcol DHS would be the right paper for me i guess but i can not find any online shops here in germany. I only found some large rolls with that paper.

Its hard to find A3+ sublimation paper in online shops. Amazon sells A-Sub and on ebay you can get TruePix. Not sure whats better between the two. I am using S-race and i like it but i tested only one other paper before and i didnt liked it because of less ink release compared to the S-Race.
    Last edited by Daninho; 28-06-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We used to use JetCol High Speed by the roll, and found it to be the best paper we've ever used - still keep some as a back up, but generally use InkTec's paper now as we get it so much cheaper - it isn't as good as Jetcol, but for the cost difference, it's worth the less quality.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

Daninho (01-07-2020)

Member Mini KickUps Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texprint R is ok, but i prefer s race. Paper cost isn't really a concern to me. I just make sure i focus on improving my productivity, as this has produce much higher profit margins than any saving on paper. The material costs are rarely huge profit savers. The real saving is productivity. If you can double your print rate per hour, you can buy any paper in my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texprint XP HR is very good paper ( ironically we can't get it in A3+ here, which is why I started using Srace). I prefer the Srace because the blacks are slightly better, and the application time is slightly shorter.

S-Race is made in Germany. Can't you contact the manufacturer?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billy8581 View Post
    Paper cost isn't really a concern to me. I just make sure i focus on improving my productivity, as this has produce much higher profit margins than any saving on paper. The material costs are rarely huge profit savers. The real saving is productivity. If you can double your print rate per hour, you can buy any paper in my opinion.
    We get 100 metre rolls of 44 inch wide paper - when you're regularly buying paper in these quantities there can be a significant differences in what the cost is between brands, and what rates you can negotiate with suppliers. Yes, the cost per metre of printed fabric works out fairly cheap on a per unit basis, but there is a much bigger cashflow hit compared to buying 100 sheets of A4/A3 paper

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

pw66 (30-06-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The manufacturer only offers rolls, i guess they sell it in sheets for other online shops. I can only get the S-race in A3, not A3+. I asked the amazon seller and he said that they had internally discussed it but not finally decided in selling A3+ as well. JetCol isnt availabe in A3+ sheets as well here. The only papers i can get are of course the one from ink experts and the chinese A-Sub and TexPrint XP HR. The Texprint is offered pretty cheap on ebay but the seller constantly send me mails in broken german that his TexPrint paper is the best and i should order it etc.. I think its probably fake, the seller sounds strange to me. Another thing is that the TexPrint paper is only 105g and somebody here wrote that it spread ink in his ET-14000 printer.

So i am left with the chinese made A-Sub on amazon and the ink tech papers. I have the ink tech Versa in A4 and i prefer the S-race A4 because it releases much more ink. So i really dont know what i should buy, maybe i order the A-Sub for A3+ prints and the S-race in normal A3. The downside is i need two custom ICC's then. I am not sure about the A-Sub as well because they can not even write the word Epson on the package of their A-Sub papers, it says for "Espon printers".
    Last edited by Daninho; 01-07-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://products.felix-schoeller.com...-printing.html

Here is the website for the manufacturer. Phone them and explain the irony that you can't buy their paper in Germany.
    Tell 'em the guys from the Dye Sub Forum sent ya!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    https://products.felix-schoeller.com...-printing.html

Here is the website for the manufacturer. Phone them and explain the irony that you can't buy their paper in Germany.
    Tell 'em the guys from the Dye Sub Forum sent ya!
    The support gave me a place where i can get the paper in A3+ but unfortunately they are a wholeseller and dont sell to private people i guess. The 2nd shop i found only offer it as a roll. Seems like i have to get it from the UK which would be Dye sublimation supplies because they also send to germany.

The Texprint seller on ebay wrote me again and again, offered me 10 packs for 300 Euro. I think something is wrong with this seller. The A-Sub paper seems to be from bad quality because in the reviews people said there were small particles sticking to paper like paper dust etc... So i can not order the A-Sub as well. The ink experts paper would be ok for me but they dont offer the A3+ on amazon, only the normal A3. It seems the A3+ format is not really popular. My thoughts were why i should not get the larget format possible if hte printer can do it. For example some chromaluxe metal sheets are slightly larger than A3, so i would need the A3+. When i want to print a pillow the larger the better in my mind. It makes no sense to buy the normal A3 to me.