Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oki 9541wt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oki 9541wt

Hi, does anyone have one of these please?
    if so can you please give me your opinions on it and cost plus ink cost etc?

thanks in advance

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do not have that particular model, but I do have an OKI WT printer.

Tips, ALWAYS purchase genuine OKI toner. Third party toner does not work and will damage your image drums.
    Do not be persuaded to look at Ghost printers, again they do not work and the quality is woeful
    You must have a very good heat press (Adkins, Stahls, Press Mech etc)
    Some of the transfer processes take a bit of practice, you need to be patient
    Although the transfer papers are expensive, if you add your time to the process then they are quite cheap**.
    You can have serious fun with these machines simply by grabbing "stuff" from places like Wilko and pressing something on to them, experimenting is key
    You will need RIP software, so make sure it comes with that or factor in the cost

** As an example on why I think it is cheap, 25 Hi Vis vests printed full colour front and back from start to finish will take me less than an hour using t.one. This includes printing the sheets. I also own a Roland Versacam so I am fully aware of costs should I chose the more conventional method of vinyl. Total cost for materials using t.one would be £47.25. Other plus points would be that there is no hand feel in the blank areas. Text can be as small as I want as there is no need for any weeding. Conventional vinyl would cost about £35.00 so obviously cheaper, printing would take longer, weeding 25 vests would take a minimum of 45 minutes for front and back, plus you would have to be careful on what you print and how small you can go. So time wise would be over an hour longer to save about £12.00
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

logodigitizing (01-07-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I do not have that particular model, but I do have an OKI WT printer.

Tips, ALWAYS purchase genuine OKI toner. Third party toner does not work and will damage your image drums.
    Do not be persuaded to look at Ghost printers, again they do not work and the quality is woeful
    You must have a very good heat press (Adkins, Stahls, Press Mech etc)
    Some of the transfer processes take a bit of practice, you need to be patient
    Although the transfer papers are expensive, if you add your time to the process then they are quite cheap**.
    You can have serious fun with these machines simply by grabbing "stuff" from places like Wilko and pressing something on to them, experimenting is key
    You will need RIP software, so make sure it comes with that or factor in the cost

** As an example on why I think it is cheap, 25 Hi Vis vests printed full colour front and back from start to finish will take me less than an hour using t.one. This includes printing the sheets. I also own a Roland Versacam so I am fully aware of costs should I chose the more conventional method of vinyl. Total cost for materials using t.one would be £47.25. Other plus points would be that there is no hand feel in the blank areas. Text can be as small as I want as there is no need for any weeding. Conventional vinyl would cost about £35.00 so obviously cheaper, printing would take longer, weeding 25 vests would take a minimum of 45 minutes for front and back, plus you would have to be careful on what you print and how small you can go. So time wise would be over an hour longer to save about £12.00
    Hi thanks for your reply. I have had the OKI C711WT before and so have good experience with them, even though getting used to timings/temp and pressure for the papers/process was a small learning curve. We have Adkins and Stahls presses. I was just wondering if anyone had this newer model and what the toner pricing and printer pricing is..
    We are toying with DTG but this would be more versatile. I can't seem to get prices back yet from the companies I've contacted so will call them up today and ask.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think for the price of the 9541 you can get an F2100.
    F2100 would be cheaper per print and more vivid images, but then the white ink is a cost and then you've got the maintenance.
    Each has ups and downs.

If only DTG printer prices came down.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SubOnCotton For This Useful Post:

logodigitizing (08-07-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Oki 9541 wt comes in 2 variants, and only one of them works for t-shirt printing.
    Its to do with the type of toner used, chemically grown crystals are lower price and finer, but do not stand up to tshirt printing.
    The one that uses ground up solid toner that works for tshirts is only available via Amaya and one other company in the uk.
    I nearly made an expensive mistake on this, and know someone who did.

the 8432 is almost half the price and is proven...
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

8. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    The Oki 9541 wt comes in 2 variants, and only one of them works for t-shirt printing.
    Its to do with the type of toner used, chemically grown crystals are lower price and finer, but do not stand up to tshirt printing.
    The one that uses ground up solid toner that works for tshirts is only available via Amaya and one other company in the uk.
    I nearly made an expensive mistake on this, and know someone who did.

the 8432 is almost half the price and is proven...
    thank you so much, we nearly bought it too!
    now looking at the 8432 and a sublimation printer added on..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 8432WT and really happy with it. Make sure which ever papers you go for ( Forever or Themagictouch) that you get the RIP program too. Without it you will waste ink and be forever on this forum asking for help.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    I have the 8432WT and really happy with it. Make sure which ever papers you go for ( Forever or Themagictouch) that you get the RIP program too. Without it you will waste ink and be forever on this forum asking for help.
    thaks, can you do one colour, one pass transfers on it please? bit like the plastisol screenprinted type from Supacolour/target. I know they're not the same thing. I'm trying to eliminate vinyl cut and weed for the more time consuming work.
    Also, the added bonus of other full colour transfers will be great without using the SG540.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logodigitizing View Post
    thaks, can you do one colour, one pass transfers on it please? bit like the plastisol screenprinted type from Supacolour/target. I know they're not the same thing. I'm trying to eliminate vinyl cut and weed for the more time consuming work.
    Also, the added bonus of other full colour transfers will be great without using the SG540.
    Yes you can. First you print, then you press the "glue" backing to it , then you print it onto the t-shirt, then you must do another press with a tracing paper to press the toner into the shirt.
    Be warned though. It is not for work clothing which is heavily washed. The print will not withstand the battering.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at the 9541 - until I saw the price ($13k in US). From the marketing I wrongly assumed that the white toner was suitable for DST ( Digital Screen Transfer) without the need for a screen printed mask.

What is unique about this that makes it worth nearly double the price of other white toner printers?