Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2019, 12:19 PM
  2. Sub Inks for Epson A3 printer L1300
    By Helen in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 03:45 PM
  3. can inks be used in any printer?
    By asub in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 01:22 AM
  4. Newbie needing advise on Ricoh printer
    By Amin in forum Printers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21-07-2012, 10:32 AM
  5. Help with instalation of b1100 printer and inks
    By personalizedtouch in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use compatible ink cartridges from https://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/ and have found them to be great quality and price. Very fast delivery. They are far better than other compatibles I've used.

Not that it necessarily means anything. but I believe they were Which magazines best buy.

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raydavies View Post
    I use compatible ink cartridges from https://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/ and have found them to be great quality and price. Very fast delivery. They are far better than other compatibles I've used.

Not that it necessarily means anything. but I believe they were Which magazines best buy.

Ray
    wow i race model cars with the owner of stinkyink :)

so its not anythink like sub ink thanks for that :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raydavies View Post
    I print using a Canon ip8750 loaded with dye ink and have never had an instance of ink running or fading.

Ray
    I'm impressed that your getting such good results with dye based ink, that certainly goes against the perceived wisdom within the industry.
    We could be onto something here, I'm going to have to check this out. Do you think it is the ink or the paper that is making the difference?

It might be a challenge to get retail customers to wash cotton shirts at 30 degrees, but it has to be worth a try. Are the results genuine retail quality?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only judge by the fact that we've never had a complaint - I suppose having said that will put the mockers on it!

In fact, the PPD listing says "Any Inkjet printer including HP, Canon, Epson, Lexmark, Kodak and other makes including Dye and pigment based inks."

As I said, i have found the Stinky Ink cartridges to be superb.

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to raydavies For This Useful Post:

pw66 (05-07-2020)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to use pigment ink on cotton, then what I've been doing with success is to use the pigment ink from Inkexperts, a WF-7210 printer, CISS from Inkexperts, and JPSS papers from Yolo.

This produces good images (just as good as DTG), but does have limitations.

If you are printing solid images without gaps between them then it works well, but if it's just lines then it won't work because you'd need a cutter and would have to do a load of weeding.
    This is because the paper transfers a polymer coating to the cotton and therefore creates a hand, so for example if you wanted to print a picture of an intricate flower, then you'd have a polymer box around it which would be undesirable.
    Works on white or lights only.

The CISS was easy enough to set up. I had a problem with an air bubble in the black print head but this went after three head cleans. Been fine since.

As said above, sublimation is the best method for whites or lights, but you're limited to poly garments, which aren't very popular outside of sportswear; at least not if you are doing high quality stuff.