I want to buy the ET-14000 as a sublimation printer. Do you think it make sense to install an external waste ink tank when its brand because the internal ink pads will stay clean this way, i will loose the warranty but i will loose it anyway because of the sublimation ink i guess. Is this a hard task regarding the ET-14000 or is it complex or dangerous?, i dont want to damage the printer. According to some youtube videos i watched the installation differs from model to model. Some models need to be opened and ink waste tube has to to be fiddled out from the inside, some are models are easier to convert and the ink tube is at the sides etc...

I am also thinking to keep my ET-2720 as a backup and i think this one has a tiny waste tank and to remove the ink you have to put the printer upside down. That would mean that the ink in the internal waste pad could probably leak when doing so. This is because you can not suck the old ink with a syringe, the tanks are blocked. With the old ET-14000 you can just suck it up which is much better.