Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. WF-7210 or ET-14000 for Subli-light no cut
    By gouna in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-11-2021, 03:39 PM
  2. Epson ET-14000 problem
    By raydavies in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-04-2020, 01:52 PM
  3. Epson EcoTank Printer ET-14000
    By raydavies in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2019, 05:53 PM
  4. Epson ET-2711 and ET-14000 Test Results
    By InkExperts in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2019, 03:29 PM
  5. CIS air lock?
    By Tris in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ET-14000 transportation lock question

I received my ET-14000 today and that switch for locking the external ink tank (transportation lock) is very loose and flimsy, it can only be pushed halfway to the bottom. Is that normal or maybe a defect?
    Another thing is that the external ink tank does not hook in completely, its not a big deal but when you lift the printer on one side the external tank sinks in coompletely, really strange. Maybe somebody with an ET-14000 knows more about this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, mine is same. And if you check youtube, it's by design. At first it looks kind of broken (really loose), and then it requires quite a force to switch.

- About the lock. Mine seems quite okay. But as you say - both printer and tank sits on the table. It's not that printer is holding the tank part...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vitek For This Useful Post:

Daninho (10-07-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vitek View Post
    Yep, mine is same. And if you check youtube, it's by design. At first it looks kind of broken (really loose), and then it requires quite a force to switch.

- About the lock. Mine seems quite okay. But as you say - both printer and tank sits on the table. It's not that printer is holding the tank part...
    Ah thank you for the info. I watched some youtube videos about the ET-14000 but couldnt find the part with the transportation lock. Yes both printer and tank standing on the table and the hook is only slightly in. When i lift the printer the tank will hook in completely. In the beginning i thought my table or the printer is not really flat.

Others than that it seems to be a nice printer. I like it more than the ET-2720, feels more solid plastic and the slide to change paper size feels much better, you have to push in a lever and then you can slide it. The ET-2720 is much cheaper made.

I also like the old ink tank system because you can suck out ink unlike the new ink tanks. One thing i dont know yet. What are those transparent foils sticking on each ink tanks? I hope those stickers will not peel off themselfes over time.