Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

InkExperts

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. Epson B1100 Stylus Printer - new A3+ printer
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 02:00 AM

Thread: Printer help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printer help

We have a couple of xp printers a 600 and 900 we use for prints. Would any of these be any good if we decide to start doing mugs? I have been told inkjets would be okay for printable vinyl (have tried on oracal 651 what a crock of horse) it smeared everywhere. So basically am I dreaming trying to even use one of these or am I missing something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are specific inkjet vinyls available, but they aren't very good. Most will need a pigment ink, and I think all the Epson XP's are dye based inks. There are also sob sublimatable vinyls, but again the results are not fantastic.
    Oracal 651 is printable with a wide format solvent printer, or even screen print, but it definately isn't suitable for desktop inkjet printing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    There are specific inkjet vinyls available, but they aren't very good. Most will need a pigment ink, and I think all the Epson XP's are dye based inks. There are also sob sublimatable vinyls, but again the results are not fantastic.
    Oracal 651 is printable with a wide format solvent printer, or even screen print, but it definately isn't suitable for desktop inkjet printing.
    So basically I would be better buying a sub printer? Any suggestions,? for half decent one.
    At the moment I'm looking at hobbies level until I get my head round what I need to do in order to make it more.
    I have presses for T's, mugs etc. Mrs bought them from China while I was distracted watching football lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sublimation onto printable vinyl isn't particularly good. If you have a mug press then you would sublimate direct to the mug. You would also print direct to a white polyester t-shirt.

Ink Experts (.co.uk) are the guys to speak to for a sublimation set up.