Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Apparently I am in Singapore!!
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-11-2018, 04:04 PM
  2. blank a4 jigsaw box?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 02:18 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-09-2014, 08:18 PM
  4. A2 0r A3 jigsaw
    By proprints in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-12-2011, 06:01 AM
  5. Help with jigsaw printing
    By schizowife in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 14-10-2011, 04:51 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jigsaw ink apparently coming off!

I don't know if this is where to post this question, but here goes.

We print MDF jigsaws on a regular basis, have sold 100s. Today, a customer complained that the ink was coming off on her child's hands. Obviously, we handle these in the process of printing and packaging.

I explained how the process worked and said I didn't think that the ink could come off. I asked her to send me a photo of the child's hands and the jigsaw to show smudging, which I imagine would be there if the ink was coming off.

Have any of you had any experiences like this. She has shown a pic of the child's hand which look grubby, like when newspaper ink gets on your hands, but hasn't sent me an image of the jigsaw.

Any information would be appreciated as I feel that she is trying to get a part refund on her purchase price.

Cheers

Harlequeen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Surely the process of sublimation would make this impossible? I'd love to see images of the jigsaw, I don't think you'll get them though :-)
    Last edited by Justin; 18-07-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin

My thoughts exactly. She has sent the images of the child's hand, but not of the jigsaw. I think it's impossible for it to come off. I think maybe the back of the jigsaw could have caused it but definitely not the front.

I'm going to ask again for an image of the jigsaw.

I may ask her to send it back and if I find the image is smudged in any way, I'll give a refund but not if I find it is OK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi harlequeen. I'd definitely ask for it to be returned. Too many people trying it on these days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry this made me lol. It reminded me that about the Puzzle i did for someone who complained it was "falling apart", so i just said return it. Once i got the puzzle it was sticky in places (which i thought odd) and the backing was coming apart as the customer had said. So i called them to find out the full story, It turns out JAM had been put on the puzzle and then it was washed and messed up after. I mean who washes a Puzzle???? Anyway I laughed and just replaced it as I was feeling nice.

I'd just ask for it to be returned then make a decision once you get it back. But remember they may try to smudge it before returning it.
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

I've asked again for photos showing the smudging. I am definitely going to ask for it back if they want a refund. It just feels like a chancer - particularly from the pic she has sent.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to harlequeen For This Useful Post:

Justin (20-07-2020)