Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

InkExperts, InkExpress

Similar Threads

1. Sawgrass SG400 colour problem
    By Baluba in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 09:51 PM
  2. T problem
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 01:47 PM
  3. Sawgrass print problem.
    By msub in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2016, 11:32 AM
  4. HELP!!!! - Problem with WoW 7.7
    By Gygafo in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25-08-2015, 05:55 PM
  5. mug problem
    By guarddog14 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-11-2013, 01:16 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sawgrass- problem after problem!!

Hi All

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had as bad an experience with sawgrass printers as I have, or if I just have terrible luck with them?!
    I am now on my 3rd printer within the space of a year after sawgrass have replaced them twice when they were faulty.
    I have owned the current one (SG400) for less than a month and am having issues AGAIN! I have been having vertical banding on every single print today and have performed all the usual suspects, head cleans, flushes, nozzle checks, allignments, encoder wheel and strip cleans etc etc, and I'm still getting banding no matter what. I have wasted such an unbelievable amount of time and money on trying to correct issues on sawgrass printers and a small fortune on cartridges since these printers just love to flush your ink out on a regular basis, as well as all the head flushes performed whenever another issue arises.
    I'm so fed up of them at this point that I just feel like throwing it out of the window and starting again with a different brand.

Does anyone have any recommendations for other sublimation printers that have been reliable?

so grateful for any replies!

thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Amy, We love our sawgrass printer, 4 years and still going strong.
    When you say you have vertical banding on every print. Is that just on the paper after printing, and you can clearly see it? or on the actual item your pressing onto?

Thanks
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did you buy it from?
    If you are convinced that it is not something you are doing wrong (?) then contact your local Trading Standards Dept.
    If you bought it via your credit card then complain direct to the card company. They are jointly liable for the product, so push them for a refund.

Ink Experts can fit you out with an A4 Epson ECO Tank with 500ml of ink for less than the cost of two sets of SG cartridges.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have mixed feelings/opinions on this. I use a VJ628 25" printer which is a superb workhorse, this runs on SG inks. I also use smaller format printers, 1500w etc.which run on Inktec inks.

My only real issue with SG is the support (or rather lack of) I emailed several weeks ago regarding an issue with my RIP software. Costs over £1000 and you can't reinstall if PC crashes without paying £500 for a years support! I worked out how to move it myself as a backup but they are yet to respond at all!

if you're using small format I would sericoauly take a look at the Epson A4/A3 printers. Inke Experts/Ink Express etc. would be a great help here. We've been using Inktec ink nearly as long as we used SG ink and I can categorically say it is first class.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!