Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. Epson B1100 Stylus Printer - new A3+ printer
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 02:00 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OKI Pro8432WT Printer

Hello,

Does anyone own an OKI Pro8432WT.

If so, what is it like to use, what is the print quality like on light/dark tees, what are the ink costs?

I'm heading to The Magic Touch some time this week for a demo but I'm interested to hear from OKI owners.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ElevenBlack; 29-07-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive owned one since Sept last year. Printed around 700 t-shirts so far and estimate around 1000 shirts on a full set of toners. I calculate each A3 print at 3€ per print. A+B papers (Forever) , Magenta and Yellow with TMT, plus the toner. You can gang as many prints as poss on an A3 sheet. If you are careful you will get two sets of prints (Front and back) on an A3. Bigger prints only one per set.
    What is very important is to have a very good swing away heat press. I have an Adkins Maxi. Without a good press the printer is a waste of time. You need the constant heat and a good pressure.
    You must get the Space control or the Forever RIP. Again, without this you cannot do a good print.
    The first few months you will hate the printer but once you learn how to use it it will grow on you.

If you get one and have questions, ask on here and we will try to help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

ElevenBlack (29-07-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The printer sounds reliable.

I've also heard that I will need to get a good quality heat press. I've been looking at either an Adkins or Stahl.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also interested here.. we have been looking at this printer and the Uninet iColor 600 (I know essentially they are the same thing) but the Uninet offers some more options in toners etc..so is it worth the extra cost just for say dye sub toners, black etc?
    would I be better of getting a dedicated dyesub such as the ET14000 and just the OKI?
    many thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logodigitizing View Post
    Also interested here.. we have been looking at this printer and the Uninet iColor 600 (I know essentially they are the same thing) but the Uninet offers some more options in toners etc..so is it worth the extra cost just for say dye sub toners, black etc?
    would I be better of getting a dedicated dyesub such as the ET14000 and just the OKI?
    many thanks in advance
    I've not come across the Uninet iColour 600 as I'm relatively new to the game. Maybe someone else will be in a better position to give advice, however from my experience so far, I would say take a trip to the supplier for a demo. I went to The Magic Touch a couple of weeks ago to see a live demo for the OKI Pro8432WT and I was very impressed with the results. So impressed that I put a deposit down on the printer.

One thing to note, I was told by the salesman that OKI applied a 10% price increase to the Pro8432WT from the 1st of August 2020.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBlack View Post
    I've not come across the Uninet iColour 600 as I'm relatively new to the game. Maybe someone else will be in a better position to give advice, however from my experience so far, I would say take a trip to the supplier for a demo. I went to The Magic Touch a couple of weeks ago to see a live demo for the OKI Pro8432WT and I was very impressed with the results. So impressed that I put a deposit down on the printer.

One thing to note, I was told by the salesman that OKI applied a 10% price increase to the Pro8432WT from the 1st of August 2020.
    Many thanks, I've been to a demo and used the C711WT previously. I'm just wondering about the extra cost for the uninet against getting a dedicated dyesub printer. lifespan of the transfers is a slight concert too as some of it's use will be for workwear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've just taken deliver of the Uninet 600 but it took 10 weeks to get delivery under the current situation, can't fault the prints onto dark tshirts etc and if you do go down that route then a decent press is a must our old atkins wasn't up to the job and i went with an A3 pressmech, for dye sub i would go with an epson for low volume stuff the dye sub toners and drums for the 600 will set you back around £1400

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have the 8432 and love it, thou most work is a4 sized.
    We use adkins beta maxi or adkins omega presses
    Definitely a separate dye sub printer.
    Using toner for dye sub will cost you LOADS more per page....
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

10. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

ElevenBlack (23-09-2020)