Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Is it easy to install ssl?
    By Reading-Print in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-05-2016, 10:41 AM
  2. This will be an easy one for someone!
    By scotty44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21-06-2014, 07:47 AM
  3. Hello everyone, I'm new so go easy!!
    By badlydrawnblue in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-05-2014, 10:01 AM
  4. Is it luck, easy or something else?
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-10-2012, 12:52 PM
  5. I thought it would be easy!!!!
    By Stitch Up in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Safe and easy File Transfer ,,,

Part of the work I've been doing lately involves the need to transfer files of any type or size between different devices.

Of course, various options already exist for this, eg email attachments, ftp (Filezilla etc), GDrive, One Drive, ....... but I wanted a very quick, easy to use method (for my daughter!) that didn't involve any of these third-party methods, that simply uploaded/downloaded files DIRECTLY to/from my webhost. So I found a nice PHP script on the web that you simply copy into any folder of your choosing (on your host) that runs a File Manager inside that folder.

The File Manager is invoked on any device, anywhere by simply entering a url, such as https://example.com/uploads and it can be password protected too (by setting an option in the PHP script).

Here's a few screenshots of it on my host and in Firefox browser ...

2020-08-05_10-01-55.jpg

2020-08-05_09-51-38.jpg

2020-08-05_09-57-12.jpg

As you can see, this simply involves placing a file called index.php inside your folder of choice ('uploads' in my case). Then whenever you got to https://example.com/uploads you will be greeted with your login page (if you have set a password) and then straight into the File Manager where you can upload, download, sort or delete files, or create a new directory.

This works very well for us and avoids the need for ftp software on other devices or the need to send email attachments, which are often limited in size.

You can also see that the File Manger has a small magnifier next to image files that can be used to provide a handy thumbnail viewer simply by hovering over it.

If anyone would like me send them a copy of the PHP script then just PM me.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 05-08-2020 at 11:31 AM.