Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2020, 01:12 PM
  2. Epson ET-14000 problem
    By raydavies in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-04-2020, 01:52 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2020, 12:45 PM
  4. Epson EcoTank Printer ET-14000
    By raydavies in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2019, 05:53 PM
  5. Epson ET-2711 and ET-14000 Test Results
    By InkExperts in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2019, 03:29 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I've took the plunge... Epson 14000 ink tank size anyone?

An epson 14000 on it's way...another quick question for owners...How much ink does a tank hold in the 14000?. Reason I ask is would 1 100ml bottle of black ink fill both black tanks, or would I need 2 100ml bottles to fill both tanks?.
    Also It would be mostly used for printing on fabric, what paper would be recommended?...Heading towards the Ink Experts Subli-Fabric HR paper at the mo unless anyone recommends different.

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS Designs View Post
    An epson 14000 on it's way...another quick question for owners...How much ink does a tank hold in the 14000?. Reason I ask is would 1 100ml bottle of black ink fill both black tanks, or would I need 2 100ml bottles to fill both tanks?.
    Also It would be mostly used for printing on fabric, what paper would be recommended?...Heading towards the Ink Experts Subli-Fabric HR paper at the mo unless anyone recommends different.

Cheers
    The original Epson ink has 70ml per bottle so it looks like you need two of the 100ml or just fill in only half the amount in every black tank. I am using the S-Race vivid 120 paper but i have ordered the subli Fabric A3 as well, i wanna see which is better. I guess its probabaly not really a difference because both relseases alot of ink i guess. I have a custom ICC for the S-Race ET-14000 from Ink Experts and now want to buy the subli Fabric ICC from them as well. I didnt liked the subli versa from them, later i also wanna test the paper for hard fabrics from them and the correct ICC for it. Im not sure which paper and ICC of them need the standard paper setting instead of matte paper.
    Last edited by Daninho; 08-08-2020 at 12:16 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I've ordered the inks and subli fabric HR from Ink experts, Alex says 100ml will just be enough for both tanks. I use S-Race mug paper and find it works very well. Will let you know when I try the subli fabric paper. Cheers again for your reply, much appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS Designs View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've ordered the inks and subli fabric HR from Ink experts, Alex says 100ml will just be enough for both tanks. I use S-Race mug paper and find it works very well. Will let you know when I try the subli fabric paper. Cheers again for your reply, much appreciated
    OF course, the tanks dont need to be completely full. I only know that the original bottles are 70ml because i have them there and cant get them sold I also received my ink experts fabric paper in A3 today. I will compare it with the S-Race Vivid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested the paper and made a quick little test with both papers on a tri blend shirt. The ink experts paper feels very different in your hand, its much thinner and it has a yellow side with the coating, at least it feels like a coating and a normal side, im not sure if you can call it pink like it says in the "manual". It says you should print with the normal paper settings to avoid pizza cutter effects but i used the epson matte setting like on the S-Race. I had no pizza effect. so that was good. What i noticed was that the ink experts paper curled towards the top plate when layed it next to the s-race paper on the fabric in my heat press. That was not so good but i would have accepted that. The final sublimated print however was different to the S-race, the S-Race paper brought a sharper image, the ink experts fabric paper was not as sharp and if you compare the printed images on the paper before the sublimation you will notice that the S-Race paper looks sharper. To be fair i used the matte paper setting, so maybe this paper is made for the standard setting only but im not sure. I will stick with the S-Race for fabric and hard substrates. There was more ink release on the ink experts paper i would say.

Sadly my little heat press produced marks from the lower platen again even after reduced the temperature a bit and the time to 45s. I feel that the paper needs the 60s for stronger blacks when i compare the same logo the one i printed yesterday, with 60s the black looked darker and better. I think my little A4 heat press is bad for sublimation, my larger heat press with 40x50 dont leave such marks which is stange. Maybe because of lower presser and not as sharp angles on the bottom plate or because my bottom plate has a teflon condom on it?