Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2020, 12:45 PM
  2. Epson SureColor P600
    By REDQUASAR in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-06-2019, 01:51 PM
  3. FOR SALE - Epson Surecolor SC-T5200 Inkjet 36" large format printer (parts only)
    By artygirl in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-2019, 01:16 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  5. For Sale Epson B1100 Sublimation system, Xpres Mug Press 2000, Epson B42W
    By Spawn in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be interested to see how well it prints with being 4 colour but think might be a struggle to step back from 8/9 colour we have mostly run. We go through about 3 printers a year with very few A3's getting past 18 months. The 7000/9000 models usually do better but guess they are higher volume models.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done a lot of chromaluxe panels and the image quality is amazing, hard to imagine how it would improve tbh. If you have a sample A4 image I could print one off for you to compare if it helps?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WebSTAR For This Useful Post:

Andrew (12-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSTAR View Post
    I have done a lot of chromaluxe panels and the image quality is amazing, hard to imagine how it would improve tbh. If you have a sample A4 image I could print one off for you to compare if it helps?
    What printers are you comparing it to/previously used, if you don't mind me asking?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    What printers are you comparing it to/previously used, if you don't mind me asking?
    Sawgrass SG800 - ink costs were horrific and had loads of problems. I was thinking I could post you a test print from the F-500 to compare to your current setup and you could see the difference in dropping to 4 inks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSTAR View Post
    Sawgrass SG800 - ink costs were horrific and had loads of problems. I was thinking I could post you a test print from the F-500 to compare to your current setup and you could see the difference in dropping to 4 inks
    I will get a bit of research done first as wouldn't want to put you out unless I had that printer as a serious consideration. Like Justin mentioned above, I would want the warranty to run longer really so will check into that as well. Thanks for the offer.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin

Yes you can extend the warranty on the F500, £348.60 ex vat for an extra two years cover including print heads. This can be added anytime during the original warranty period.

Hope this helps

Ricky
    Xpres

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Can this be extended?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricky@Xpres For This Useful Post:

Paul (13-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ricky, that's one up on Sawgrass then, good on Epson
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update.
    I am still running Windows 7 (I know, I know ) for my printing. I am mac person but Roland bn-20, Roland GS-24 RIP use windows only.
    From day one, I tried to install Epson SC-F500 with no luck. I mean it does install and show in control panel but it can not connect!
    I tired, wifi, cable and direct (direct connection use Epson hotspot so no router is needed.) Only on DIRECT, I had some luck printing. but this is only for two days. At this moment I am spending more time trying to connect to this damn printer.
    It prints lovely! quality is outstanding, but only when it prints :(
    there is nothing that can be done so this printer stay connected. that's a shame.
    I understand this could be caused by windows but what is worrying me is, that none of 3 connections works properly. none!
    PS.
    Epson could add simple RIP software for this printer instead of the shit driver.
    So with this Epson, you can print from the roll but you need to set up paper size. How clever is that? not!
    There is a lack of basic nesting future that is essential in my opinion with ANY large format printer that uses roll.

So as you can see I am not very happy with the experience I had and that cost me over £2k.
    I will try to reinstall windows and see if it improves. I will keep you updated.

PS2. nobody from xpress offered extended warranty.
    Last edited by Paul; 13-08-2020 at 02:44 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul For This Useful Post:

Justin (13-08-2020)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul

Sorry to hear that you are struggling to get the printer to connect, its strange as the PC in our showroom that is running our demo unit is windows 7 (We also need to upgrade)

Good to hear that you are impress with the quality of print.

Don't hold me to this but I think the F500 might be added to the Epson Edge print RIP that runs the larger F6300 and F9400, i will let you know as soon as I find out more.

I do know that Cadlink have just released a Digital Factory build for the F500 that cost £350.00

https://www.cadlink.com/product/digitalfactory10/

You can download a 14 day trial to test it out via the above link.

Ricky
    Xpres

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Just a quick update.
    I am still running Windows 7 (I know, I know ) for my printing. I am mac person but Roland bn-20, Roland GS-24 RIP use windows only.
    From day one, I tried to install Epson SC-F500 with no luck. I mean it does install and show in control panel but it can not connect!
    I tired, wifi, cable and direct (direct connection use Epson hotspot so no router is needed.) Only on DIRECT, I had some luck printing. but this is only for two days. At this moment I am spending more time trying to connect to this damn printer.
    It prints lovely! quality is outstanding, but only when it prints :(
    there is nothing that can be done so this printer stay connected. that's a shame.
    I understand this could be caused by windows but what is worrying me is, that none of 3 connections works properly. none!
    PS.
    Epson could add simple RIP software for this printer instead of the shit driver.
    So with this Epson, you can print from the roll but you need to set up paper size. How clever is that? not!
    There is a lack of basic nesting future that is essential in my opinion with ANY large format printer that uses roll.

So as you can see I am not very happy with the experience I had and that cost me over £2k.
    I will try to reinstall windows and see if it improves. I will keep you updated.

PS2. nobody from xpress offered extended warranty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pity the nesting feature isn't in with the original package. All starts adding up on cost. Possibly stick with the 7000/9000 series for now as plenty of bargains about and robust enough to last a while.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

Justin (13-08-2020)