Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2020, 12:45 PM
  2. Epson SureColor P600
    By REDQUASAR in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-06-2019, 01:51 PM
  3. FOR SALE - Epson Surecolor SC-T5200 Inkjet 36" large format printer (parts only)
    By artygirl in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-2019, 01:16 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  5. For Sale Epson B1100 Sublimation system, Xpres Mug Press 2000, Epson B42W
    By Spawn in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    *Update*

Epson Edge print RIP will run the F500 but its not free i'm afraid, it can be added for £759.00 ex vat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ouch that's a big hit on the cost of the printer. Are other RIPS's available to use?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin

Cadlink's Digital Factory is a good RIP for the money (£350.00)

As i mentioned to Paul you can download a 14 day trial to see how you get on with it before committing.

Ricky
    Xpres

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricky@Xpres For This Useful Post:

Justin (13-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Pity the nesting feature isn't in with the original package. All starts adding up on cost. Possibly stick with the 7000/9000 series for now as plenty of bargains about and robust enough to last a while.
    Yep. this is the most important feature when printing bulk and on roll. So you would expect that will be included :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky@Xpres View Post
    Hi Paul

Sorry to hear that you are struggling to get the printer to connect, its strange as the PC in our showroom that is running our demo unit is windows 7 (We also need to upgrade)

Good to hear that you are impress with the quality of print.

Don't hold me to this but I think the F500 might be added to the Epson Edge print RIP that runs the larger F6300 and F9400, i will let you know as soon as I find out more.

I do know that Cadlink have just released a Digital Factory build for the F500 that cost £350.00

https://www.cadlink.com/product/digitalfactory10/

You can download a 14 day trial to test it out via the above link.

Ricky
    Xpres
    Thank you for links Ricky.
    But buying RIP that cost half of the printer isnt the option!
    I am sure I read somwhere that epson comes with rip. And all I have here is crap driver.

UPDATE.
    I installed it on my mac without ANY issue so it must be my WINDOWS.

Tried now on Win7 again and managed to get it installed with the USB cable. WIll see how long for.

My conclusion, and it is a fair one.
    - This is a very good, fast printer with lovely colors, etc.
    - Media Auto switch is a great feature as you can load ready cut paper and don't need to worry about interchange it between them and paper on the roll.
    - paper that came with the printer is not great for fabrics. hardly any ink releases to get rach colors. need HR paper for better results. Not bad for hard substracts but I won't buy it again as is too expensive for what offers. Texprint is so much better.
    - touch screen Very decent quality
    - inks. Cheap and Soo easy to refill. no spillages.
    - quite noisy. It has some bangs and knocks when printing.

Shipping it without a Basic software it makes it just a larger hobbyist printer. Without even basic RIP software that allows nesting and other basic futures, I would not considerate it as a pro or semi-pro printer.
    So if you are hobbyist who is willing to print a little bit bigger, have over £2k in your pocket than why not, you can go for it.

I would not buy it again if I knew there is no proper software. There is just no excuse for it :/
    Ps.
    If print larger images paper crease quite a bit as there is no good tray to direct the paper down. Tray is included only for smaller ready cut paper.
    D7CE0EF2-E0CA-4DB6-AFF1-BB8705DC1104.jpg
    Last edited by Paul; 13-08-2020 at 04:44 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lot of money for something that is based on a 'mature' product, the £875 SC-T3100N printer ( which is a good plan/graphics printer).
    I assumed that the extra £1k included some form of rip, and wasn't just for the eco-tanks. Although I am a big fan of Epson printers, the premium they are charging for eco-tanks is too high.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Paul (25-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Lot of money for something that is based on a 'mature' product, the £875 SC-T3100N printer ( which is a good plan/graphics printer).
    I assumed that the extra £1k included some form of rip, and wasn't just for the eco-tanks. Although I am a big fan of Epson printers, the premium they are charging for eco-tanks is too high.
    All printer, eco tanks and the rest is cool. But it is like buying car, paying for it and then just found out you need to push it as it has no engine ��
    If you get decent let say Ricoh that is A3 you actually better off. As the is less paper cutting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Update: I discovered something that looks like sort if rip but has almost no options. But I think it allow you to add to ques. I will research and update.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry Paul I have to disagree, surely its is the responsibility of the person purchasing the car to open the bonnet and check for an engine.

The PDF brochure for the F500 has no mention of a free RIP software.

Yes its a basic driver but as you have already mentioned the colours are good. If you add the extras on including extended warranty for a total of three years cover including print heads and the Cadlink RIP you are at £2,500.00 ex vat for a 24" printer with very cheap inks.

With a good volume of orders this should be paid off in the first six months to a year comfortably.

Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    All printer, eco tanks and the rest is cool. But it is like buying car, paying for it and then just found out you need to push it as it has no engine ��
    If you get decent let say Ricoh that is A3 you actually better off. As the is less paper cutting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky@Xpres View Post
    Sorry Paul I have to disagree, surely its is the responsibility of the person purchasing the car to open the bonnet and check for an engine.

The PDF brochure for the F500 has no mention of a free RIP software.

Yes its a basic driver but as you have already mentioned the colours are good. If you add the extras on including extended warranty for a total of three years cover including print heads and the Cadlink RIP you are at £2,500.00 ex vat for a 24" printer with very cheap inks.

With a good volume of orders this should be paid off in the first six months to a year comfortably.

Ricky
    I had 3 brand new cars and I never looked under the hood with any of them. Just expected to have one :)

On serious note I think I expected one as any other printer for example bn20 had one. You can buy pro rip from Roland if you wish, but there is basic one included.

So yes. It is my fault not checking it. Simply as I was expecting one with large format printed that prints from roll.
    I am not saying it is anybody's fault. It's my and only my own. But I am posting this so other people like me, know that there is no RIp and not to expect one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Reference to volume of work Ricky- this printer already paid for itself. Is not about that. Is how comfortable you print them. Hence rip is needed.
    Last edited by Paul; 13-08-2020 at 06:41 PM.