Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2020, 12:45 PM
  2. Epson SureColor P600
    By REDQUASAR in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-06-2019, 01:51 PM
  3. FOR SALE - Epson Surecolor SC-T5200 Inkjet 36" large format printer (parts only)
    By artygirl in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-2019, 01:16 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  5. For Sale Epson B1100 Sublimation system, Xpres Mug Press 2000, Epson B42W
    By Spawn in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Pizza wheels is in did the common problem, but this is mostly with small desktop printers that wasn't created to sublimation purpose.
    I never had an issue with DS paper even when printing on high speed. Try to turn it off off and set it to high detail.
    reference green tilt, do you print from photoshop by any chance?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Pizza wheels is in did the common problem, but this is mostly with small desktop printers that wasn't created to sublimation purpose.
    I never had an issue with DS paper even when printing on high speed. Try to turn it off off and set it to high detail.
    reference green tilt, do you print from photoshop by any chance?
    The pizza wheel issue isn't unique to sublimation.

I've tried it, same issues with the trailing line. I've tried the lowest and highest settings. Tried printing and pausing the printer for 5mins before it's fully finished, same issue.

We're printing from Corel Draw 2017.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is also my thought, the engineer we had out even said we could remove the star rollers, but like you said, its a 2k machine still under warranty.

We've decided to give up on it now since we no longer require the wide format, and have purchased a smaller sublimation printer from Inkexperts.

Hopefully Paul's help will get it into enough working order for us to flog to someone else who has the patience to work with it, but the experience has really made me weary about spending large amounts on Epson printers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton View Post
    its a 2k machine still under warranty.

Did you buy all or part of the printer on your credit card? If so (unless you are a ltd co.) then the card company is jointly and severally liable under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act. You can complain directly to them if the product isn't working properly or is not doing what it should - no need to go through the seller.
    You have given the seller chance to sort the problem. The card company wants an easy life, so the threat of a chargeback makes most sellers take action.
    (only applies to individuals, sole traders and unlimited partnerships)
    Last edited by pw66; 26-08-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is also my thought, the engineer we had out even said we could remove the star rollers, but like you said, its a 2k machine still under warranty.

We've decided to give up on it now since we no longer require the wide format, and have purchased a smaller sublimation printer from Inkexperts.

Hopefully Paul's help will get it into enough working order for us to flog to someone else who has the patience to work with it, but the experience has really made me weary about spending large amounts on Epson printers.
    Good luck trying to get it fixed. I'm going to get in contact with Xpres again this week and try and get something figured out.

I'll keep you informed and hopefully we can both get something sorted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi all,
    I have just purchased this SC-F500.
    I am printing from a Mac.
    What profile is everyone using?
    My prints are coming out very grainy. And pinks are looking dirty.
    I'm using the Epson SC-F500 General Purpose/Rigid profile

Is there any other settings I need to change.
    I am printing from Photoshop.

Cheers
    Andy

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, we purchased an SCF 500 last November and ever since then we've had nothing but problems with it. Our first issue was 'Pizza wheel' marks creating black dots across the image, we dropped Epson a message and they sneak out an engineer, unfortunately his response was basically 'Buy the rip software', which I couldn't believe actually wasnt included.

We tried numerous things, power flushing (Which seems to use about half of the ink each time which is about £30 worth) different media, pattern gaps size, having it lay down less black ink, thick paper settings you name it, we couldn't get results.

So the printer basically sat idle for a few months, printing the odd Coaster and mug which would could produce without the dark colours leading to the pizza Marks.

We've recently decided to start printing face masks, since Epson Edge is about £800 we decided to trial Printfab, reducing the black seemed to work for a week or two and gave us enough scope to print some good designs, but now the printer has another problem Attachment 6323

Its started to produce white dots through the centre of the page, they seem to parallel down the page whether it's in portrait or landscape. I'm going to try the Cadlink software above as suggested by Xpres, but I'm very close to throwing this bloody thing in the river.
    I'm looking at PrintFab. How have you found it (or have you ditched it now)?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To give an update on our SCF 500.

We had an engineer out last week. His solution to resolve the pizza wheel problem was to increase the time between each pass and increase the drying time before exiting the machine. The Xpres website states it can print an A1 poster in 70 seconds but with these new settings, it will take just over 20mins for a print to cover an 18inch cushion. When we pointed out that this time was unacceptable and did not meet the claims made by Epson about speed, his response was "I'm not a salesman"

Obviously, we weren't too happy with this and he responded by saying 'It is what it is' and that if we wanted to do volume production we should buy a bigger machine.

He also said that it isn't a business printer, it's for hobbyists, Epson advertise it as printer suitable for Promotional Houses, Photo Labs, Clothing producers etc.

He also recommended that we buy the Epson RIP but couldn't guarantee that it would resolve the problem.

Another suggestion was that as the printer was out of warranty we could remove the guides with star wheels.

I also got the impression that this has been a common problem and it amazes me that a company like Epson is unwilling to find a satisfactory solution. We have had many Epson printers and have always found them to be reliable and produce excellent print quality but the SCF 500 has been a disaster.

So to sum up, plenty of unacceptable suggestion from the Epson engineer but no suitable solution to the problem.

I've started to trial some RIPs but I'm not holding my breath. Will provide an update in due course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Grafix View Post
    To give an update on our SCF 500.

He also said that it isn't a business printer, it's for hobbyists,
    Cheeky b@stard!

Sounds like Epson are doing what we have been doing for years - taking any printer and bunging some sublimation ink into it.
    I was semi excited about Epson getting into small format sublimation, but now I am not so sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The size of the printer has absolutely nothing to do with production or home use.
    you as a user expecting quality no matter what Engineer is saying.
    To remove pizza wheels, try to use fast-drying paper. Epson paper on roll warks for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul For This Useful Post:

pw66 (09-04-2021)