Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Latex, solvent or eco solvent for new printer?
    By pw66 in forum Latex/Solvent/Eco Solvent Printers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 17-12-2020, 01:11 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-02-2017, 11:14 PM
  3. which works best - Ebay or Website
    By Avalon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 15-03-2013, 02:48 PM
  4. Ricoh with non-Sawgrass ink ... it works!
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 10:35 PM
  5. Is this the way CISS works?
    By kalif in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-04-2011, 08:55 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Roland Eco solvent ink works best for garment use?

Been looking at a Mimaki CJV150, but I have had problems with the transfers washing out, so I haven't pulled the plug... yet. I have been sent a new set of transfers to subject to a wash test, but the first set didn't perform well. I have bought in transfers printed on the same machine that have worked perfectly, so I am a bit confused.

I am now widening the search to other brands, mainly Roland.
    What is the best Roland ink for garment transfers? I have heard that there was problems with one of their ink types, but I can't get a straight answer from the dealers, so hopefully the forum will have the answer.

Here is the Mimaki print - 9 washes at 30c, no tumble drying. Mimaki 'think' it is old/badly stored vinyl, so I am giving them and the machine another chance before I look elsewhere.
    023 (2).jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the most recent inks sets from Roland are the issue. I think they have had issues on vinyls for signage as well. I personally use a HP latex and haven’t had any issues so far. Famous last words!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinsfan For This Useful Post:

pw66 (08-08-2020)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use Siser Vinyl and Digital Inks Direct in my Roland and have not had any issues.

Give Sean Taylor a call and I am sure he will give you any advice/information you need.

https://www.digitalinkdirect.co.uk/

If the Mimaki ink is relatively the same as the Roland inks sold by digital ink then I would be happy to print some samples using my set up before you "take the plunge"
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

pw66 (11-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've heard it's the Ecosol max 2 inks that don't stand up too well in the wash. My Sp300v still uses the original Ecosol max inks (original Roland ones) and not a problem with the ink washing out..just a problem with the vinyl cracking after a while..Not a huge fan of dark garment printing with it to be honest...I do warn customers to follow the washing instructions to the letter.....now if I could just find a good transfer vinyl it may be a different story.... siser crystal print for light colours is fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DS Designs For This Useful Post:

pw66 (11-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I use Siser Vinyl and Digital Inks Direct in my Roland and have not had any issues.

Give Sean Taylor a call and I am sure he will give you any advice/information you need.

https://www.digitalinkdirect.co.uk/

If the Mimaki ink is relatively the same as the Roland inks sold by digital ink then I would be happy to print some samples using my set up before you "take the plunge"

Thanks for the link, very useful. I have been looking at the siser vinyl as a potential media.

I have had a replacement set of prints from Mimaki UK distributor Hybrid Services, using polyprint 4030, but the colours are so dull ( like cheap inkjet vinyl).They have washed OK, but lack a decent profile - so halfway there. Don't compare well with the Roland prints I have used in the past.

I think I am nearing the end of the road with Mimaki. They took two weeks to respond to my initial sales inquiry, the first set of samples were no good and they couldn't be bothered to find a profile for the second set. Wonder how they will respond to a warrenty claim? Chris from the dealer PrintMax, has been very helpful, which is the only thing keeping Mimaki in the game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS Designs View Post
    From what I've heard it's the Ecosol max 2 inks that don't stand up too well in the wash.
    Thanks for that, it is the information i have been looking for. None of the Roland dealers I have approached have been forthcoming with that, which is paertly why I haven't looked at their printers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I use esl3 and i dont get any complaints. I have returning customers. Newer ink eco sol max 3 is the one that dry wuite wuick and give people headache. Older ink is descent ��

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul For This Useful Post:

pw66 (11-08-2020)