Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Heat tape marks on photo rock slate after heat pressing
    By Fitzy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-02-2016, 04:22 PM
  2. Bad transfer, teflon blanket marks on mug, sticky paper, tape marks
    By ernestomac in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 12:23 PM
  3. Heat Tape = Polymide Tape/Kapton Tape
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 03:52 PM
  4. Heat Press Marks - help.
    By liannef in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-05-2014, 07:49 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat press + tape marks on mousepads. How to avoid?

Does anyone have any tips for avoiding heat tape pressure marks when pressing mousepads? I usually tape my sublimation paper to my mousepads in each of the four corners to keep it in place, but I've noticed that with certain colours after pressing that you can see a faint imprint of the tape that's been pressed onto the mats. A lot of time I can place the paper onto the top of the mousepad without having to take it in place as I'll have a lot of wiggle room as far as the image type is concerned, but I regularly get a lot of images were image placement is critical so they need to be taped into place.

I've tried using tack sprays but they don't seem to work very well for me, especially if images have a lot of very dark areas; the spray seem to leave marks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin86 View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for avoiding heat tape pressure marks when pressing mousepads? I usually tape my sublimation paper to my mousepads in each of the four corners to keep it in place, but I've noticed that with certain colours after pressing that you can see a faint imprint of the tape that's been pressed onto the mats. A lot of time I can place the paper onto the top of the mousepad without having to take it in place as I'll have a lot of wiggle room as far as the image type is concerned, but I regularly get a lot of images were image placement is critical so they need to be taped into place.

I've tried using tack sprays but they don't seem to work very well for me, especially if images have a lot of very dark areas; the spray seem to leave marks.
    I dont understand the problem because you tape the paper on the backside of the mousepad and i never had imprints on the rubber. The centering of the paper is very easy because you always have a bit of bleeding area

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I done get it either. Dont tape the paper to the mouse mat. Tape the mouse mat to the paper.
    So the paper is bigger than the mouse mat and tape the mat to the paper.
    . . . . . . . . . . .