Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Doing ceramic mugs with wraps & Eye Masks!!
    By mr-gobby in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-07-2019, 09:43 AM
  2. Problems with Ceramic Mugs - Adkins press
    By liannef in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-05-2016, 04:01 PM
  3. Ceramic Pint Mugs?
    By TeeDeeCee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-01-2015, 03:05 PM
  4. child/espresso ceramic mugs??
    By spongerobinson in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 10:06 PM
  5. LoveCut Black Mugs and poor Black
    By Red5 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Yes we have and we ditched them last week from our product range. We use to get brilliant results at 200c and 190s but the last batch we bought are all rubbish. I do not know what has changed but to us they are not correctly coated and so dropped them.
    This maybe why I have had no issue when I did my batch which was a while ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Yes we have and we ditched them last week from our product range. We use to get brilliant results at 200c and 190s but the last batch we bought are all rubbish. I do not know what has changed but to us they are not correctly coated and so dropped them.
    Oh really?? I wonder if it could just be these particular mugs then? Did you get yours from MDP? I used to get mine from xpres and didnt really have issues with them when I did them in the oven but I switched to MDP when I found they were cheaper there when I got the press. If I could ditch them I would do too but they make up the majority of my store and I would have to change absolutely everything if I got rid of them.
    im wondering now whether to order a batch from xpres now and see if I get better results that way? I'd easily rather just pay the extra and go back to theirs if that's the issue

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes from MDP so interesting idea to try Xpres and of course you would get 10% off if you join this forum for just £10! Let us know how you get on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteajunkie View Post
    This maybe why I have had no issue when I did my batch which was a while ago.
    yes!!! This is definitely the problem!! I have just been through every single mug and every single one that has come out with clean crisp font is from the old batch from xpres! I can tell the difference because the new ones from MDP have the orca stamp underneath whereas the ones from xpres don't.
    Because they are the only two places that I could find that stock them and I daftly assumed they'd be exactly the same. I will get onto xpres now and order more for next day and just pray that that's problem solved!
    I can't believe I didn't connect these dots before and realise it was the mugs, so thank you both so much for your replies! Just saved me countless more hours and mugs wasted!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well we might do the same and grab from xpres. Only 10-15p more per mug with dsf discount. Out of interest what temp and times do you use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had never actually pressed these in a press before because I've always used an oven before I got it a few weeks ago, but I have literally tried every time and temp combination going on these MDP mugs over the last few weeks, the best result I managed to get was on 180 degrees for 340 seconds, but it was still blurred font and I results varied every single time. I noticed xpres recommend 200 for 190 seconds on theirs so I'll give that a go on Friday when they arrive and hope that does it! Joining the forum now before I put the order in so thank you very much for the heads up on that one!