Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Subliblanks - Now back up and running
    By GermanDyeSub in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-11-2019, 07:07 PM
  2. Running ink issues after pressing
    By paul 44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-12-2015, 12:51 PM
  3. weird
    By Mugshots in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-12-2015, 01:25 AM
  4. This is weird...
    By ArtyGamer in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 12:41 PM
  5. Running old software on Windows 7.
    By Earl Smith in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-08-2013, 10:13 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird white tracks running down page

Hi, im currently printing on an Epson SCF-500, ive always had issues with 'Pizza wheel' marks leaving black ink trailing across the page. Just recently though the printer has begun to develop the same issue, except it now seems to be picking the ink back up after its been printed, leave white specks down the page. This happens the whole length of the page. Ive tried lowering the black ink saturation, multiple nozzle checks which were all fine, changing the platen gap, using three different types of paper (Currently on of Cityinkxpress) changed the paper thickness, aligned the print head, nothing makes a difference and im now fresh out of ideas. The only time i ever had any change is when the Cyan nozzle was blocked, then the lines disappearedht2.jpght.jpg completely.

If any could help id really appreciate it, photos attached for reference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I presume you are using high release paper for fabrics. if so, those marks won't be probably visible after pressing.

If you are using f500, make sure high speed is turned off. this will allow slower printing so the ink will have a few seconds more to dry before the paper gets to the wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul, thanks for the reply, I can't actually seem to find if they're HR or not, or which substrate they should be used on. However I've also experimented with Texprint HR and have the same issues. Oiginally they werent showing when printed, but now they are, the problem has gotten progressively worse to the point we can no longer sell dark coloured designs. Oddly enough though we can print walls of black text and these come out fine.

High speed has always been turned off, we also had an engineer from Espon come out who reccomend we tinker with the delay per pass settings, we did so but again no luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    TexPrint HR is also High Release paper. hence HR in the name.
    How about printing on highest quality settings? if this wont improve, you can try printing on Epson genuine subli paper on roll. Its drying quick. Or if you looking for sheets, you can go for TexPrintR it was engineered for Ricoh printers because they print so fast, Beaver made it fast drying. You will still get good ink release.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Paul I really appreciate your help I've never messed with the High Quality settings as I assumed that would just lay more ink down, but I'll give that a shot once my maintenance tank arrives

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    it will print slower with better resolution. try and see if it dry before it hits the pizza wheels.
    Let me know if this helped you.