Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Established business seeks new owner
    By Postcard in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-06-2019, 06:38 PM
  2. Car pics etc
    By Ewan in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-02-2014, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM
  4. legal pics
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
  5. customers uploading pics
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this cold weather my mugs are really cold to the touch so during this time of year I do warm my mugs.

If I have my large press in use I just sit them under that for 5 mins to warm the bases.
    otherwise I pour in an inch of hot water from the kettle leave it for 20 seconds then pour the water into the next mug and so on.

(the mug only needs to be warm not hot)
    Then I dry the mugs completely and apply the design ready for pressing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi all...used my MDP press for the 1st time, and just want to clarify timing. i had in mind 185 temp for 185 seconds...when reached temperature i put mug (10oz orca) in and closed handle, the timer didn't start.....thinking there's a problem i quickly started timer on my phone.... i took off about 20sec to compensate, after about a further 15sec the timer started to count down from 185sec

have just read a post saying that the mug has to reach a certain temp in press before sublimation begins & timer starts? is my understanding correct? do i basically just put mug in when at 185 degrees and leave it even though in my case i had my mug in press for the recommended 185sec plus an added 35sec (ish)

so 185 degrees for 220sec

tony
    nufing too teknical im a bit fik

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tony this is EXACTLY the same issue with a new MDP mug press we just returned to MDP after two weeks of arguing with them. Basically we have a bank of MDP mug presses which all work The same which counts down when temp is reached and handle pushed down. This new mug press didn't so complained saying it was faulty. Even sent them photo of the mug press instructions
    Which said timer should count down when pressed down. Took multiple emails and phone calls as they basically said ignore instructions and you should not use 180/180 method of printing with new mug press but put mug in whilst heating up and set timer for 60 seconds. This for us does not work, is total different way of working and goes against manufacturer instructions. We got a refund this past Friday after returning press. So, either they sent you our faulty mug press (probably!) Or they all now work like this which is rubbish and goes against how most people press. Stand your ground with them is all I can say!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Tony this is EXACTLY the same issue with a new MDP mug press we just returned to MDP after two weeks of arguing with them. Basically we have a bank of MDP mug presses which all work The same which counts down when temp is reached and handle pushed down. This new mug press didn't so complained saying it was faulty. Even sent them photo of the mug press instructions
    Which said timer should count down when pressed down. Took multiple emails and phone calls as they basically said ignore instructions and you should not use 180/180 method of printing with new mug press but put mug in whilst heating up and set timer for 60 seconds. This for us does not work, is total different way of working and goes against manufacturer instructions. We got a refund this past Friday after returning press. So, either they sent you our faulty mug press (probably!) Or they all now work like this which is rubbish and goes against how most people press. Stand your ground with them is all I can say!

That's interesting thanks UK PRINTED MUGS....MDP are only 20mins up the road from me, will pop up there on monday and take the press with me
    nufing too teknical im a bit fik

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The way most presses work is that when you put the mug in, the press temperature drops. The press then heats the mug and when the mug reaches your set temperature, the timer starts counting down.

I’ve not used mdp presses but have used nearly every other press on the market and this is how all presses bar one have worked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone managed to nail down the times using the MDP touch screen mug press?

I got mine today and managed to get a decent print at 170 degrees for 170 seconds (3rd attempt after over doing a couple)

My concern is that the temperature was all over the place and I'm not convinced I will get accurate results when doing batches as the temperature guage was constantly changing

I'm brand new to sublimation and was delighted to get a decent result after only 3 attempts but as I say I'm not confident of getting consistent results going forward

MDP standard 11oz mugs
    MDP touch screen mug press
    Ink Experts Style paper for ceramics

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We use same press, same paper (sometimes) and some times same mugs (don't really rate them) but use 185c/185s. Just make sure temp is back to 185c before popping in next mug.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

AGS (17-11-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much for the quick reply

I only got the press and printer this afternoon so I haven't had a lot of time as yet

So is it perfectly normal for the temperature to drop (quite a bit) during pressing? - If so does it matter greatly that the next mug might have a different variation of temperature drops and increases during the pressing cycle?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wait for temp of mug press to reach 185s each time before next mug goes in. Sometimes it might already be but most of time you'll need to wait. Good luck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

AGS (17-11-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again - looking forward to tomorrow with a bit more confidence now