Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Established business seeks new owner
    By Postcard in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-06-2019, 06:38 PM
  2. Car pics etc
    By Ewan in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-02-2014, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM
  4. legal pics
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
  5. customers uploading pics
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you, I think I got the hang of it in the end. Still experimenting with temp and time as had some blurring. What settings do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    185/185 which works well for 10oz ceramic - thanks to Paul for those times.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

tucks09 (20-05-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tucks09 View Post
    Hi, thanks for this. I've just bought one. Sometimes it waits to get to temp before counting down and sometimes it doesn't! Is there a reason for this, do I need to be pressing something?
    It won’t count down until the mug hits the Desired temp.
    it’s not a flaw it’s designed this way to ensure the mug is at the right temp before sublimation begins.

Image you put a mug in cold and switched it on and it started to count down.
    180 seconds later you have a paperweight.

185/185 is the perfect combo for ceramic mugs.
    I have used other presses in the past and still have a U.K. press for water bottles and other bits.
    I Had a 2nd hand genie press for about a week but for the price and costs of replacement blankets it was a no go and had to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The flaw is that you can put a mug in and start sometimes around 10 degrees less sometimes I find. With this press you can oddly hear the heating element "click" when it turns on and heats up so what I found today using four presses all at once is that if you hear the click and the temp is below 185c then you can press down the handle and the time will count down BUT if the press is not heating up (no click) then you have to wait until set temperature. The genie (aka Arc mug press) of which we have many doesn't count down until the temp is reached hence you can put the mug in and forget it. This is what a mug can take like 45s although technically you are waiting a good 140s for the temp to heat back up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    The flaw is that you can put a mug in and start sometimes around 10 degrees less sometimes I find. With this press you can oddly hear the heating element "click" when it turns on and heats up so what I found today using four presses all at once is that if you hear the click and the temp is below 185c then you can press down the handle and the time will count down BUT if the press is not heating up (no click) then you have to wait until set temperature. The genie (aka Arc mug press) of which we have many doesn't count down until the temp is reached hence you can put the mug in and forget it. This is what a mug can take like 45s although technically you are waiting a good 140s for the temp to heat back up.
    Yes I agree it is definitely a flaw compared to what I have been used to before. Quite liking it other than this so far, just need to get used to it!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mrteajunkie
    Great info here.

Just a quick question, I have a similar press to yours, mines a FREESUB version from eBay due to being out of stock at MPD.
    I have attached a photo of the pressure screws, does yours look the same as mine? It has to be like this to get a firm fit onto a 11oz mug.
    Thanks
    Tony
    IMG_1974.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony4415 View Post
    Hi Mrteajunkie
    Great info here.

Just a quick question, I have a similar press to yours, mines a FREESUB version from eBay due to being out of stock at MPD.
    I have attached a photo of the pressure screws, does yours look the same as mine? It has to be like this to get a firm fit onto a 11oz mug.
    Thanks
    TonyIMG_1974.jpg
    The two side bolts with springs in should be tight and never adjusted they are spring loaded to apply pressure.

the centre bolt (pressure screw) should be used to apply a little extra pressure.
    With the centre pressure screw not touching the press close it with your mug in, and then tighten until you can feel the resistance.

then open the press and tighten the screw a little more then close the press making sure you don’t apply too much pressure or too little by adjusting the screw accordingly.

the nut on the pressure screw Is to stop the screw moving but I never use it.

Hope that helps?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you, I shall try this now

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I have tighten the x2 small screws and when I clamp the main handle down, the pressure is not firm onto the 11oz mug
    Last edited by Tony4415; 01-06-2021 at 08:37 PM. Reason: missing photo

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 6699as you can see the x2 small spring screws are tight but the mug in the press is not firm onto the mug