Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-10-2017, 09:29 AM
  2. For Sale Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-11-2014, 01:09 AM
  3. Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 10:25 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Mug Press to buy Adkins Studio Genie 111

So our single mug oven died this weekend, bit annoying as got 30 mugs to do. We need to replace it quite quickly and have been thinking about getting a mug press instead anyway and wondered what peeps were thinking of these two. The Adkins Studio and the Genie iii, they both appear to be available form thetransferpress though genie 111 maybe a generic version as it's usually sold by listerwood? Not sure we want all the different types of sleeve as mainly we stay basic and simple using xpress 5013 mugs. Adkins does seem quite a lot more money or are there other ones we should be considering. Always stuck with wraps and a mini oven as it just worked for us and had very few issues really but even though we dont do lots, when we get a run on them a mug press would be much quicker.

Thanks for any feedback
    Mark

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote for Adkins this end, Mark. We have a bank of them that we use this end in our setup, admittedly blankets are more pricier to replace than that of wraps for the oven process but if treated well, you can get a lot of life out of each one. Normal blanket will serve 5013 well.

If you are struggling and need those 30 mugs quickly let us, or anyone on the forum know and I am sure we/they can help you out to keep you going.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, quick feedback appreciated, we’ve an Adkins press which has been reliable and easy to fix so Adkins was flagged up in my mind just could have a couple of genies at the price so it’s a minor dilemma, not dead urgent just annoying!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you print top to bottom and close to the handle then a mug press will be quite a step down.

You can get top to bottom with mug presses, but the failure rate is higher and you definitely can not get as close to the handle.

Adkins is the better make, however if my memory serves me right its also at least double the price. So you could get two Genie's for the price of one Adkins. I have both and there isn't much different in them if they only get light use.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point well made social I’d forgotten about that aspect actually and yes we do a few that are closer to the handle thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mr-gobby For This Useful Post:

socialgiraffe (31-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent the oven off for repair due back today, not pulled the trigger on a mug press but probably get a genie and hopefully a discount with the forum from listerwood? Also now thinking about a blizzard bc01 do you all go all in a t buy new or did you tried the second hand route as a tie in water approach they seem to have come down in price a little new and I’m guessing the market isn’t buying many catering ovens in these Covid times