Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New startup hobby help.
    By Qwertyjon in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2019, 09:34 PM
  2. Graphic Software For Startup
    By Karl82 in forum Software
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-02-2016, 11:37 AM
  3. Sold Sublimation Startup Package
    By dj_doubler in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-07-2011, 03:45 PM
  4. Startup
    By joconnell in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay are a pain. Are you using a personal account or business account. Ebay made us use a business account from day one. We listed several mug designs that were simple, got a few friends to buy them ultra cheap (just for the feed back). Then once we had the feed back, we listed the personalised mugs and other stuff and upped the prices of simple ones.
    Ebay have just done away with paypal payouts so we think they are being extra cautious.
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    Ebay are a pain. Are you using a personal account or business account. Ebay made us use a business account from day one. We listed several mug designs that were simple, got a few friends to buy them ultra cheap (just for the feed back). Then once we had the feed back, we listed the personalised mugs and other stuff and upped the prices of simple ones.
    Ebay have just done away with paypal payouts so we think they are being extra cautious.
    I setup a new business account, it was limited to only sell about 3 items. I have a feeling they were never even public as they got about 3 views.

I didn't want to risk getting people I know to buy things just in case it got me banned, turns out I was anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frustrating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to get through to somebody on the phone about it.

She kept telling me that they want to protect eBay from fraudulent activity, I kept asking what was fraudulent and she was trying to make out that I didn't have the items in my possession that I was selling. I again explained that I have boxes of mugs, t shirts and all of the equipment and was happy to show her via a video call and explain. Also that I'd refer her to verified reviews I had and that I knew people would happily email them to say I fulfill what I say. Apparently her evidence meant I was wrong but she couldn't tell me what that was.

Meanwhile, there are hundreds of Playstation 5 Consoles listed which is seemingly OK. Not only are most of them fraudulent and well overpriced but they obviously don't have a Ps5 in their possession.

I guess it will need to be Etsy and my own site only!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t tell you how disheartening I find this. Sorry you are going through this. I have heard many of the same stories about Amazon and Etsy as well. Is there any marketplace left that treats its sellers with decency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Etsy have been OK, I have spoken to one of their reps and they got the issue sorted straight away.

eBay had no interest at all in listening, they said they had evidence (that they couldn't disclose, obviously) and it was their final decision.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mafia ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just had my e ah account blocked for three days and a listing removed for vero rights.
    When I have already cleared the said item with the bbc copyright team and have it in writing from them that it’s ok for me to produce the items.

Ebay are just starting to pi** me off now. :(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have some sympathy for start-ups suffering at the hands of US owned e-commerce platforms, the world is hardly working against you.

A generation ago you would have to have taken far more risk and would need a viable business plan.
    You would need a higher capital investment, given up your job, signed a lease (and paid 3 months upfront rent), probably registered for vat and be liable for tax and NI payments.
    You would have had to find a supplier prepared to serve you - probably with a minimum order in excess of £200+ vat. Now they serve anyone.
    After all of that you would have to hope a customer walked through the door. You would have to charge a sensible price to cover your costs, not get involved in a race to the bottom.

Now you can start with a few hundred pounds and hope for the best on third party platforms.
    You have got it easy.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

froggy (23-10-2020), GoonerGary (21-09-2020), NickH (21-09-2020), webtrekker (20-09-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Too true, PW. I remember the 'good old days' when we had to save up to be poor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

NickH (21-09-2020)