Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ricoh SG3110DN printing from Photoshop
    By Volusian in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-07-2020, 12:20 PM
  2. Printing from Photoshop to Ricoh 7000?
    By Stitch Up in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-02-2020, 06:35 PM
  3. Printing from Photoshop issues
    By RichG in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2019, 06:03 PM
  4. Sublimation printing through Mac Photoshop CC
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Last Post: 16-04-2019, 09:17 PM
  5. ricoh 3110dn not printing from photoshop
    By paul 44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For setting up multiple print queues in Windows, in Control Panel>Devices and Printers, click on add new printer, and select the printer you want the second queue for, and agree to use the driver already installed, and give it a name, eg. "Mug transfers"

You can then also look in the print driver options, and set schedules that the different queues will print during - so could have one which only prints overnight etc ... we often set the hard products which are slower as need higher quality to print overnight, and only let the fabrics transfers print during the day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Justin - we use CC and this still happens so don't hold your breath. Pisquee - you seem very knowledgable so could I ask why you think that we often get a printer getting a print error and restarting whole job again? We print from one Windows 10 computer to multiple printers but it seems to happen on SG400 and Epson 7800. For instance we could send 50 prints to do on SG400 and after say 30 prints the printer will throw a wobbly, print half a page and then start the whole job again meaning you end up with 80 prints. The same often with the large format printer where it will stop half way and begin the whole print job. Nothing else is running on the Windows laptop. Is there perhaps better print queue software you can get for Windows if the built in software is rubbish?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    BTW, are you just repeat printing stored designs/images? If so, then why not save them as PDF's along with the relevant ICC profile and then just print the PDF's as and when required, without any Photoshop involvement?

I have printed sublimation prints like this with the correct ICC for my setup and they print fine.
    I remember you offering that advice before, but I didn't get looking at it until now. I think I've set it up correctly, but won't know until I print something out. But it just occurred to me afterwards that it won't work because I could have thousands of designs saved with a profile which is only as good as the life of a printer. I would have to resave everything when printer dies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's true, Gary. I'd imagine it also being the same with saved printfiles, unless I'm missing something (not unusual for me!).

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Pisquee - you seem very knowledgeable so could I ask why you think that we often get a printer getting a print error and restarting whole job again?
    Get a separate SSD for the print spool files - if you're running with only one HD for everything, then it will get full of temp files, swap file, and will run out of space for the spool file, and when it hits the limit, it will start again. See above post about separate SSDs for each type of thing, as well as making sure you have more RAM installed than you need (this computer has 144GB of RAM - not that we need it, just it wasn't pricey and it was the max we could install, so I did! - have two of these machines, both dual Xeon CPUs too)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    print properties.JPG
    Circled is the keep printed documents - so you can just keep clicking reprint
    You can also see the schedule option at the top, to set the print queue to only run for certain times of day
    Also, priority (1-100 available) which print queue is most important (If you right click on individual print jobs in the queue, you can assign priorities per job - once they're in the queue, so if you need something quick boost it to 100, and it will come off next. the default for all jobs is 1, so easy to reorder what comes out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

Mrteajunkie (12-10-2020)