Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A or AAA

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A or AAA

Morning everyone after several months I'll I have fully recovered and ready to go. Printed my 1st ever mug yesterday after sorting issues with printer. I had some sample mugs from listawood. My main customers will be sports clubs and I wondering about is it worth saving a little money on the price or not. Is there much difference between A and AAA. Think I'm going to order from Listawood but some people say xpres and Signzworld good. Any comments would be much appreciated. Hopefully I managed to upload my 1st mug picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Much discussed topic and members have their own opinions. My opinion after many years is that I will only currently use Xpres XP5013 10oz mugs.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was you I wouldnt buy cheap. There is not much difference in price anyways and saving a few pennies could be a false economy. Imagine if you did a batch for a club in your town. One mug doesnt wash in the dishwasher and your name is mud. Always look for dishwasher safe mugs , cost more but worth it in the end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, think I'm going to try some from listawood and a batch from xpres as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If using mug oven then perhaps Listawood mugs as top coating otherwise xprex 5013 for mug presses in my opinion. We now only use mug presses but find listawood mugs too thick near base so always need pre heating and you cannot cold water dip them after as they crack. Xpres are great for most designs without pre heating and do not crack when dipping so perfect for fine art and text based artwork.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

mtarfadb (19-10-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have used many thousand A grade mugs, in single heat presses, and never had reason to complain.
    very occasional pin prick in the glaze, but only we notice, and never cause for rejection.
    Its just a mug !
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

Andrew (22-10-2020), mtarfadb (19-10-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We have a box of Subli Blanks Dino coated here, at £28.50 for 36 value is good. Mug looks fine compared to our usual XP5013. Printed ok in presses but I can't for the life of me get them to print well in the oven! Shame really.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

mtarfadb (19-10-2020)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have used many thousand A grade mugs, in single heat presses, and never had reason to complain.
    very occasional pin prick in the glaze, but only we notice, and never cause for rejection.
    Its just a mug !
    I second this comment and can add that I once had a client who demanded a printed sample of every 10oz mug available. I duly obliged and sat there and watched her examine every single mug. I reckon I was there near on two hours while she decided. To be fair, she runs a very high end and very famous gift shop in London so I have to take it at face value that she knew what she was doing...

Guess what...

She chose the LW A grade mug (which at the time was called the budget mug).
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    We have a box of Subli Blanks Dino coated here, at £28.50 for 36 value is good. Mug looks fine compared to our usual XP5013. Printed ok in presses but I can't for the life of me get them to print well in the oven! Shame really.
    I had the same issue with DINO coating and ovens as well.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Justin (16-10-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ink goes quickly well the bkack has as it was 20ml sublijet with my SG1000, I know it's not the cheapest but going to search who supplies the 70ml the cheapest price.