Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. sawgrass sg400 ink reject
    By paolorusso78 in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2019, 04:15 PM
  2. Sawgrass SG400 colour problem
    By Baluba in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 09:51 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-09-2017, 04:33 PM
  4. Sold Sawgrass SG400 A4 Printer - Boxed
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2017, 08:02 PM
  5. Sawgrass SG400 & MAC El Capitan
    By Bob63 in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-08-2016, 11:24 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Epson L3110 vs Sawgrass SG400

Hi,

I'm going to buy a used Stahls clam press locally tomorrow and the guy also has an SG400 for sale for £200. I'm thinking about buying it but I already have an Epson L3110 I bought last week and can't return as I've already set it up and used it a few times. I'm willing to write off / sell the cheaper Epson if the Sawgrass is going to produce substantially better prints but I have no idea how much better the SG400 will be. I'll be using it for mugs and t-shirts. What do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The Ricoh are based on a business printer not photo printer. Quality is acceptable for many, personally I wouldn't touch them. That said, I don't know the L3110 so unable to compare. Are you happy with the print? Is it 4 colour?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it's 4 colour with an eco tank. Haven't had much luck with it so far but the nozzle check is good so most likely my own fault. Colours aren't perfect but again, most likely my settings and my understanding of ICC profiles and how to use them correctly. I think I'll stick with what I have and just learn how to use it properly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my L3110, it's my goto now. Once it's dialled in it's a cracking little printer. It does suffer from pizza wheel marks but slowing the print speed down a little puts that to bed :) I rarely use my Ricoh now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_Waka View Post
    Hi,

I'm going to buy a used Stahls clam press locally tomorrow and the guy also has an SG400 for sale for £200. I'm thinking about buying it but I already have an Epson L3110 I bought last week and can't return as I've already set it up and used it a few times. I'm willing to write off / sell the cheaper Epson if the Sawgrass is going to produce substantially better prints but I have no idea how much better the SG400 will be. I'll be using it for mugs and t-shirts. What do you think?