Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Storage
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-10-2017, 05:54 PM
  2. Phone case storage.
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-12-2016, 09:40 AM
  3. Coaster Storage
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-03-2015, 06:38 PM
  4. Standard Terms and Conditions for Website
    By Sedg in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM
  5. cloud storage
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-05-2012, 11:31 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vinyl Storage Conditions?

Hi Everyone

I am just starting out and have just had a brand new shed installed to make a workshop at the end of the garden - no spare room in the house!! My question is this - is it safe to store my vinyl in the shed over winter with the outside temperature dropping to below freezing sometimes? I have searched for the answer but most answers are concerned with it getting too hot (not really an issue in the UK) or temperature at time of application. I have loads of vinyl (adesive, HTV and transfer tape) and I don't want to ruin it all by storing it incorrectly - any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will get brittle if it gets too cold, plus moisture isnt good for it either. Store it inside your house would be my recommendation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign vinyl will become hard to apply and the adhesive will need a lot of work with the squeegee. Sign Aaplication paper is permeable so it won't cope with damp and condensation very well.
    Don't even think about storing sublimation paper outside. The coating on the paper will act like a sponge.

At the very least spend a few hundred pounds on insulation. The 40mm thick rolls of foil insulation is good, and plasterboard only costs a few pounds per sheet.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your advice everyone - I am now in the process of fully insulating and lining the shed to help keep the damp out but I will err on the side of caution and store the vinyl inside. Now I just need to transfer some other stuff from out of the house to the shed to make some room!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see some images of your shed set up, I am considering doing the same.
    I have a small commercial unit I use for my other company but with that stuff and my printing stuff it is getting a little cramped.

Mark
    Custom Gifts
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <--- A work in progress!