Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mugs marking after a few months
    By Johnellisimages in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-11-2017, 12:59 PM
  2. Colour Issue on iPad cover! Help!
    By InspirationsIn in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
  3. T shirt age 18 months
    By Jason in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 12:04 PM
  4. Thank you, and See you in 6 months
    By Traynor26 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 26-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer is asking for a replacement after nearly 4 months for a iPad cover

A customer is asking for a refund after 3 months of purchasing a ipad cover saying its broken .Now sending us threats saying she will go to court under consumer what ever a act .Can they really do that for a product that can get break with usage / wear and tear ?. I hate ebay customers lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what the defect is and how much they paid.
    something worth say £20 wouldn’t be worth taking you to court over and would probably be thrown out if it’s wear and tear.

If it’s £50+ then yeah I would negotiate with them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteajunkie For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (06-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it was defective on arrival they can return. If it was within 28 days on ebay they can return any personalised item for refund defective or not. As it is neither of these then unless regular customer then decline. Ensure all communication is via eBay and make sure you clearly state eBay rules because if they leave negative feedback you can always get eBay to read messages and remove feedback. We always did this when we got odd balls contacting us.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (07-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    A customer is asking for a refund after 3 months of purchasing a ipad cover saying its broken .Now sending us threats saying she will go to court under consumer what ever a act .Can they really do that for a product that can get break with usage / wear and tear ?. I hate ebay customers lol...
    What was the value of the sale? We have similar customers every now and then. Sometimes its not worth the time arguing but it depends. We ask for photographic proof of damage/fault first of all then we may just resend/refund depending on what makes the customer happy. Its just a cost of doing business online unfortunately. Its not the positive feedback which enhances your business, its the negative which destroys it.

Some will be genuine some wont be, under £20 we wont make too much fuss its not worth the time and loss of sales we observe while a case is being mulled over by an online marketplace. Still annoying sometimes though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to froggy For This Useful Post:

Ravisteam (07-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    If it was defective on arrival they can return. If it was within 28 days on ebay they can return any personalised item for refund defective or not. As it is neither of these then unless regular customer then decline. Ensure all communication is via eBay and make sure you clearly state eBay rules because if they leave negative feedback you can always get eBay to read messages and remove feedback. We always did this when we got odd balls contacting us.
    Sold over 3 months ago , Coplain is not major either but the way customer is demanding is what makes me not to give anything to her , she cannot leave bad feedback as time is gone pass too .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    What was the value of the sale? We have similar customers every now and then. Sometimes its not worth the time arguing but it depends. We ask for photographic proof of damage/fault first of all then we may just resend/refund depending on what makes the customer happy. Its just a cost of doing business online unfortunately. Its not the positive feedback which enhances your business, its the negative which destroys it.

Some will be genuine some wont be, under £20 we wont make too much fuss its not worth the time and loss of sales we observe while a case is being mulled over by an online marketplace. Still annoying sometimes though.
    Thanks for your advice and it seems to be the easy option and forget about it (Block them on ebay after that ) lol..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is she still within time to claim her money back from paypal 180 days is the paypal limit, I would imagine they have gone past this, otherwise they could have put a claim in via PP and you would have just seen the money go from your account.

We had this earlier in the year on £180 worth of patches, I saw a note in my PP account to say £180 was being taken and held in a dispute, the buyer said they were faulty. Strange as no contact whatsoever was made by her to us. Found her on Facebook, saw her selling our faulty patches! took screen shots, sent them to paypal, and eventually they stopped the case against us from her.

We have since had a friend visit her, and she appears to have seen the error of her ways, and donated £50 to a local charity! I think my friend can be very persuasive when she wants to be.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrs maggot For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (16-11-2020), knightweb (18-11-2020), Ravisteam (18-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    Is she still within time to claim her money back from paypal 180 days is the paypal limit, I would imagine they have gone past this, otherwise they could have put a claim in via PP and you would have just seen the money go from your account.

We had this earlier in the year on £180 worth of patches, I saw a note in my PP account to say £180 was being taken and held in a dispute, the buyer said they were faulty. Strange as no contact whatsoever was made by her to us. Found her on Facebook, saw her selling our faulty patches! took screen shots, sent them to paypal, and eventually they stopped the case against us from her.

We have since had a friend visit her, and she appears to have seen the error of her ways, and donated £50 to a local charity! I think my friend can be very persuasive when she wants to be.
    Haha ..Unfortunately few ppl like this trying all the time ....I

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post

That sounds much better than sending the "Boys" round!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knightweb View Post
    That sounds much better than sending the "Boys" round!
    Indeed, she was delighted to get a chance to ride over to see the lady in question, and took a few of our biker friends with her for the ride. Apparently the look on her face was priceless. People are so stupid sometimes, she actually posted them forsale on a local to her biker group, I got the heads up, and the rest they say is history. Getting Paypal to accept it all was a nightmare but for £180 I was not going to let it go, mind you at the moment, a tenner would be hard to let go.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.