Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ICC and colour issues
    By PamC in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-06-2019, 04:24 PM
  2. Colour issues
    By johna1954 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-11-2017, 12:26 PM
  3. colour issues
    By mfacer in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-04-2017, 09:52 AM
  4. Colour issues with mugs
    By julia in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-01-2017, 06:34 PM
  5. Colour issues
    By Quinsfan in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colour issues

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colour issues

Hi everyone. I am hoping someone can help me.

I am trying to print 8F5672DA-B174-4CA7-8C68-84180A57CD18.jpgthis image but the blue and green aren’t coming out. I have just put in new inks and ran maintenance and everything is fine but when I print the above this is all I get

8A809A8E-A555-4A00-A4DF-B0F813797AA6.jpg

I have gone over the colours again, tried different shades of blue and green but always the same.

julie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Definitely looks like there's no cyan in the printout. Can you do a nozzle check and show us the result?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3D3A5D95-7819-4D06-B031-EF66D7D69C89.jpg

this is nozzle check printout

julie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Well, seeing as the nozzle check looks ok then that kind of narrows things down a bit.

If the image displays ok on your computer then maybe try printing a different image. If that's ok then the problem is with the image. If another image still prints wrong then you may have to reinstall your printer drivers.

Incidentally, what graphics software do you print from? What printer? Do you print via an ICC profile? Is your graphics software set to RGB mode and set to manage colours (with colour management switched off in your printer driver)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so I tried to print some text .... blue and green and it doesn’t print either.

I have no idea how to reinstall drivers. I have only just started back up again after a break from printing.

I have an old laptop with XP, use photoshop 7, it’s a Ricoh gxe3300n. How would I check if I print via ICC profile. I think photoshop is set to RGB but honestly not sure. Would have loved to have set everything up on my MacBook or my daughters old laptop (not XP) but don’t want to have to buy a new printer so just got inks for this one from Novachrome.

I really hope you or someone can help.

julie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In all honesty, if you are planning on printing as a business, then cut your losses and buy a reliable printer.

If it's just for occasional hobby use then you might eventually get it running but will it be worth the expense? That's a very old version of Photoshop (2002)!

If you don't understand colour management and ICC profiles then I'd seriously recommend reading up on this first (lots of helpful threads in the forum) to be able to achieve any successful sublimation prints.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 07-11-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked perfectly previously so I presume it’s the drivers and icc profiles but not sure how to sort this. Although it is an old version of PS it works fine and the printer isn’t that old. I did do occasional printing over past couple of years which was fine, it is only since putting in the new inks last week!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The part I can't understand is why the cyan is not printing yet looks fine in a nozzle check.

Did you trigger the nozzle check from within Photoshop (Print -> Preferences -> Maintenance -> Nozzle Check) or from the printer's in-built control panel?

If the latter, try a nozzle check from within Photoshop. If that's ok then there wouldn't seem to be any communication issues.

Try printing just a large rectangle filled with blue from Photoshop and see what you get.

FYI, ICC profiles are normally supplied by your inks supplier to match the inks and printer you are using. They are basically look-up-tables that convert the colours in your image into the best RGB values for printing. Different ink/printer combinations require different ICC profiles. These are installed on your computer and used by Photoshop. You need to allow Photoshop to manage colours and disable colour management in your printer driver. However,.... a colour completely missing won't have anything to do with an ICC file so you can disregard ICC's until you're up and running and all colours are printing.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 07-11-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try printing to a pdf and check the results of the pdf to see if the blues print In that.

Also just right click any image in windows and choose print and send it to the printer and see if it prints it correctly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I have done the nozzle check from photoshop and seems to be fine. Unfortunately I cannot print now as the ink collector unit is full so will have to go order a new one.

hopefully it will come on Tuesday so I can print the rectangle as you have suggested and I will also call novachrome and ask if they can help.

thank you.