Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ICC and colour issues
    By PamC in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-06-2019, 04:24 PM
  2. Colour issues
    By johna1954 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-11-2017, 12:26 PM
  3. colour issues
    By mfacer in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-04-2017, 09:52 AM
  4. Colour issues with mugs
    By julia in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-01-2017, 06:34 PM
  5. Colour issues
    By Quinsfan in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colour issues

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling quite happy with myself. Have managed to clean the ink collector unit thanks to a video on you tube and printer working again. But ............

still no green or blue. I have printed out the various things you have said in your responses but still the same thing happening.

PDF, right click, nozzle check everything but still the same.

I have tried to do the drivers again but cannot seem to get download because it’s windows Xp. This might sound stupid but would I be able to install drivers and printer on another laptop that has a more up to date operating system and buy updated photoshop?

julie-Anne

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There are drivers available for Windows 7 to 10 so there should be no problems installing them on another pc or laptop -

http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_...0/gxe330en.htm

However, I'm beginning to think your printer has a serious defect that a new installation and updated Photoshop may not solve. I've not yet come across a printer that prints full nozzle checks but has a colour totally missing in a normal printout.

I'm certainly no printer expert (or at anything else for that matter!) but I'd personally be guessing that the problem lies within the printoer itself, maybe a motherboard fault or some connection between the mobo and printhead.

As said, purely a guess and maybe one of our more experienced members can step in and enlighten us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so is it Wi-fi or AirPrint enabled?

Im thinking if you can send a picture via a mobile or iPad to check.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither WiFi or AirPrint.

julie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you don’t have another way to try to print like a laptop or pc anywhere else?

My first thing to do would be remove the printer from windows.
    Re add the printer and run a test print with the right click and print picture without going through photoshop.

I don’t think it’s the printer. I can’t see how it would be if the blue prints during the nozzle check?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just wondering...

You initially said you had just put in new inks, ran maintenance, and ended up with no blue in the printouts.

Was the printer running perfectly fine immediately prior to changing inks, or had it been standing a while, or even been mothballed for an extended period?

Sublimation printers are best kept in active use. My Ricoh SG3110DN's are switched on 24/7 and perform regular maintenance schedules themselves which keeps the heads clear.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 08-11-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was fine ... a little faint but I put this down to needing new inks.

I will try to print something using another laptop tomorrow and see how I get on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - I set up the printer on my MacBook and the colours are printing although not as they are on screen (see photos)BAEC6ADA-473F-43BC-9B53-0DAB78B785D4.jpg31617314-3A8E-42FF-8F55-446BE323B3B7.jpg

I presume this is because I don’t have it set up as using sub links or have the ICC installed?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, you need an ICC profile from your inks supplier to achieve anything near the expected colours.

Once you've installed the profile, allow Photoshop to manage colours and select the profile from the drop-down list. Make sure you turn colour management OFF in your printer settings.

A couple of things to note -

1. The printed colours will not exactly match the colours on your monitor (unless to buy colour calibration equipment to calibrate your monitor).

2. The printed colours will look off-colour and dull on the paper but will look totally different when pressed, so you need to press an item to see the final colours.

A good idea is to press a colour swatch and then you will have a good reference as to how your monitor colours translate to actual colours on the final printed and pressed product.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 09-11-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for all your help with this. I am waiting for NC to call me back and I will ask about the ICC profile. So would you now suggest just using my MacBook and getting up to date photoshop.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Memorable moments For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (10-11-2020)