Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Smash Proof Boxes, Really???
    By Designandgift in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 27-11-2015, 06:48 AM
  2. Acetate and smash proof mug boxes.
    By galerion in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    I have usually been wrapping the mug in a bit of bubble wrap, then put it into a white gift box and then wrap that will a fair bit of bubble wrap and put it into a 5x5x5 or a 6x6x6 box.

The majority have been OK but I have had about 5 or 6 breakages.
    That seems a right faff. Place in a poly mug box, tape up, stick on the postage label and despatch, never had an issue with poly mailers, you could kick them around the warehouse and still the mug is fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you literally just post them in the poly box taped together with a label on? Any outer bag etc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is MDP the cheapest for the poly boxes?

https://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/dye-su...ation_mugs?1=1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you literally just post them in the poly box taped together with a label on? Any outer bag etc?
    Yep, no outer packaging cannot see the point for 1 mug. Even if I'm sending 2/3 mugs I just tape them all together, using clear tape, though I always use brown tape to seal round the join wrapping around about 3 times so it's very secure and of course you can send 3/4 mugs for the price of 1 with RM Small Parcel.

I've had to open up the poly box on a few occasions as I forgot to put the paperwork inside and it takes a while to get rid of the tape it's so secure.

I have found the poly boxes to be 100% effective in preventing breakages and you really don't need any extra packaging. The poly box is perfect, the buyer knows exactly what is is when it arrives and he then just throws it away anyway. I'm all for helping with the environment but having to print, package and send another mug because the first one was damaged it just adding to the packaging waste, this way no bubble wrap, no extra plastic or box.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecartoonman View Post
    Yep, no outer packaging cannot see the point for 1 mug. Even if I'm sending 2/3 mugs I just tape them all together, using clear tape, though I always use brown tape to seal round the join wrapping around about 3 times so it's very secure and of course you can send 3/4 mugs for the price of 1 with RM Small Parcel.

I've had to open up the poly box on a few occasions as I forgot to put the paperwork inside and it takes a while to get rid of the tape it's so secure.

I have found the poly boxes to be 100% effective in preventing breakages and you really don't need any extra packaging. The poly box is perfect, the buyer knows exactly what is is when it arrives and he then just throws it away anyway. I'm all for helping with the environment but having to print, package and send another mug because the first one was damaged it just adding to the packaging waste, this way no bubble wrap, no extra plastic or box.
    When I worked for Royal Mail sorting parcels, you would see all of the polystyrene boxes coming though crumbled up to bits half broken causing a mess all over the floor.

For the same price as poly boxes (taking up half of your store room), you can buy two double walled cardboard boxes. Nice and secure.

But how is sending 10,000s of polystyrene boxes for the sake of not having to resend a few parcels good for the environment??
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 21-11-2020 at 01:41 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

tucks09 (26-10-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's why I cover my poly boxes in a grey plastic mailing bag, to keep them intact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have ordered some double walled as a test, I am not 100% if the Poly Boxes will fit my mugs and they don't sell them singly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the double wall smash proof boxes and have not had any issues as of yet, but I am a low volume seller sending out about 100 mugs a week.

Thanks
    Mark
    Custom Gifts
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <--- A work in progress!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have ordered some double walled as a test, I am not 100% if the Poly Boxes will fit my mugs and they don't sell them singly.
    I used the Large size poly boxes from Custompac and could fit 10oz, 11oz Durham mugs from Listawood, and also 12oz two-tone mugs with spoons, and that included a single layer of bubble wrap around the mug for added (but probably not needed) protection.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

NickH (22-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sending anything like the qty you guy's are doing so my storage requirements are not an issue, but have been sending mugs in the post for year's, the only time I ever had an issue was when I used cardboard mailers (maybe they have improved over time), so straight back to poly mailers, end of problem.

If there is an issue with the poly mailers crumbling into bits, not something ever been reported back to me, then maybe just cover the thing with packing tape, clear, or brown, same principle as a plastic mailing bag to be honest.

Anyway, it's each to his/her own, whatever works for you is always the best way.