Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I did it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is great that you have PE Paul, there is a lot of help out there for it, Techno babe https://www.facebook.com/technobabeinc/ does some great PE videos.

I love having my big hoops on my PR as well, but I am amazed at the size of some of the new home table machines (the ones that look like a normal sewing machine)

The key to the PR's is the daily hook oiling, they are a great workhorse. be prepared for a shock at the servicing costs, each of the little felt pads and there are 2 per tension dial are over £5 !! make sure you cost in the maintenance with your prices.

you will be hooked, I sat and watched mine for hours when I first had it, it is like watching magic just appear.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrs maggot For This Useful Post:

Paul (18-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    that is great that you have PE Paul, there is a lot of help out there for it, Techno babe https://www.facebook.com/technobabeinc/ does some great PE videos.

I love having my big hoops on my PR as well, but I am amazed at the size of some of the new home table machines (the ones that look like a normal sewing machine)

The key to the PR's is the daily hook oiling, they are a great workhorse. be prepared for a shock at the servicing costs, each of the little felt pads and there are 2 per tension dial are over £5 !! make sure you cost in the maintenance with your prices.

you will be hooked, I sat and watched mine for hours when I first had it, it is like watching magic just appear.
    This is one thing That i didn't consider yet. Service.
    How often is it done? and how much does it cost to have it fully serviced?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upwards of £300 per service Paul. You need to find someone good near to you. and cherish them, as you need to get the machine to them, some of the companies offer a collect and deliver service, but of course that is added on. There is a certain amount you can do yourself, which will be in your book, but the main, all covers off services start around the £300 mark and are done on so many stitches. To give you an idea, the felt pads in the tension discs, 12 in total 2 per tension head are over £5 each! I have written to brother to ask how they can justify it. I think as the prices of machines is so cut throat the spares are where they have you by the short and curlies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    thank you for that!
    I have brother agent 25minutes drive from me so I can use them. But I got my machine from http://woodseatssewingmachinesshop.co.uk
    and thats a a,5hours drive. But I don't mid to have a nice drive once a year or so, for a good service. May book a night in the hotel and do some site seeing :)

Do you have any experience with patches? I would do with some tips on what will I need to start making them.

PS. Thank you for recommending Techno Babe!! I learned so much already! :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy the best stuff you can out there for patch making, and take your time, is the best advice. Make sure you are using good threads, use a good supplier https://www.gs-ukdirect.com/ is a good place to start.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrs maggot For This Useful Post:

Paul (19-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post

Hi, daily hook oiling? No. Every second time you change the hook. Daily is not enough. Just a drop though as you will clog up the path of the thread in the bobbin case and get thread breaks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with this new venture @Paul

Mark
    Custom Gifts
    <--- A work in progress!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mnporter2001 For This Useful Post:

Paul (21-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnporter2001 View Post
    Good luck with this new venture @Paul

Mark
    Thanks Mark.
    There is two options there. I will love it and i will be hooked in to it, or throw it through the bloody window

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patch material. I buy Twilly from Gunold. Its made for patches. A german supplier could be of use to you if you need some other colour is https://www.schneider-wohlenberg.de/index.php/en/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

Paul (23-11-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Question for you @Earl Smith,
    In every video I watched on YT I can see that people embroider bit of a patch, cut it out and THEN do the last satin stitch. Why is this?
    Can you not do full patch at once and then cut it out? Hope this make sense for you :D